Ann AW

Smile FRANKCOM - Dyrham

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone else have any FRANKCOM (plus other various spellings) connections in Dyrham? I can trace my FRANKCOMS back to Stephen FRANKCOMB born Dyrham c1650, if you have any connection I would love to hear from you.
    Ann

hpjrt

Default Frances Francome from Wiltshire ...

Hi Ann,

I have a Frances Francome from Swindon, Wiltshire who married my ancestor Nehemiah Lea from Northleach in Gloucestershire.

I doubt that this Frances and your Francomb families are connected ... but I thought it worth mentioning.

I don't know anything about this woman ... and indeed, I'm not entirely sure that the Nehemiah LEA who married a Frances Francome in 1839 in Swindon, Wiltshire is MY Nehemiah LEA ... but I have it in my notes in case I can verify it at some point.

Mary E. Lea-Bannister

Ann AW

Unhappy Frankcom-Dyrham

Hi Mary,
    Thanks for your reply, I have a Frances Frankcomb born c1800 but she was born in West Littleton, Glos and died there in 1889, so she doesn't look as if she is your Frances. The parents of my Frances were Nathaniel and Ann Frankcomb both from Dyrham.
    Good luck in your research.
    Regards,
    Ann

Dave F

Smile Frankcom - Dyrham

Hi Ann
    I am very new to this site and also to genealogy however, I also have through using Ancestry and the Tormarton websites linked back through Nathaniel Frankcom to Stephen Frankcom of 1650 b. Dyrham and it would be great to find out any more information.

Cheers

Dave

Ann AW

Smile Re-Frankcom Dyrham

Hi Dave,
    I believe that the records from Dyrham were destroyed (Civil War?), consequently we can only get back to Stephen bc 1650 who married Alice Tyler also from Dyrham on Mar 30, 1676, how far down the tree do you go with the Frankcoms, my grandfathers father was Alfred Gilbert Frankcom b 1878 son of Hester Frankcom 1846 and George Frankcom 1829 who were cousins.
    Regards,
    Ann

Dave F

Default Stephen Frankcomb 1650

Hi Ann,

My apologies for not replying to your last message but I lost the link to this site and only just got it back. Thanks for answering the real bug-bear regarding why everything starts @ 1650 and no trace of Frankcoms, prior to this. Your Hester Frankcom (1846) - her Aunt Hannah Minchin married Nathaniel Frankcom, their son Elam (1854) is my Grandfathers Grandfather, based on our research to date.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Post Francom

My Husband's great grandfather Nehemiah Samuel Lea born Swindon 1840 migrated to Australia and settled in the Armidale area of NSW. He was married to Agnes Jane T.Wallace. They had 8 children.
    Nehemiah died in 1919 and Agnes in 1919.

Cheers Kaye

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    Hi Ann,

I have a Frances Francome from Swindon, Wiltshire who married my ancestor Nehemiah Lea from Northleach in Gloucestershire.

I doubt that this Frances and your Francomb families are connected ... but I thought it worth mentioning.

I don't know anything about this woman ... and indeed, I'm not entirely sure that the Nehemiah LEA who married a Frances Francome in 1839 in Swindon, Wiltshire is MY Nehemiah LEA ... but I have it in my notes in case I can verify it at some point.

Mary E. Lea-Bannister
    Post Francom
    My Husband's great grandfather Nehemiah Samuel Lea born Swindon 1840 migrated to Australia and settled in the Armidale area of NSW. He was married to Agnes Jane T.Wallace. They had 8 children.
    Nehemiah died in 1919 and Agnes in 1919.

Cheers Kaye