fireguard

Default Chequers - Steeple Aston

I am trying to locate the building in Steeple Aston that was formerly the Chequers Public House circa 1800's/1820's. The last record that I have been able to locate was for 1821 which shows my 3x great grandfather as the licensee.

Clio

Default The Chequers

I am newly registered due to seeing your posting re The Chequers at Steeple Aston. I was particularly interested as i believe my 5x gr grandparents, William and Catherine Stevens were licensees of this pub in the 1790s. I have been told that it is possible that the building now The Red Lion was The Chequers. Do you have any info re your posting ?

Jan1954

Hello Clio - welcome to Brit-Gen.

Unfortunately, fireguard has not visited the forum since just after posting their message back in 2006, so will probably not see your reply. However, if they have email notification enabled, it may draw them back.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Chequers - Steeple Aston

Quote Originally Posted by fireguard View Post
    I am trying to locate the building in Steeple Aston that was formerly the Chequers Public House circa 1800's/1820's. The last record that I have been able to locate was for 1821 which shows my 3x great grandfather as the licensee.
    I am interested in chatting to you about your connection with Chequers Steeple Aston. I am wondering if you ancestor was Stevens or Fletcher. I would be most grateful if you would contact me at annDOTburton11ATgmail.com and perhaps we can join some dots.

Regards
    Ann Burton (nee Fletcher)
    Last edited by christanel; 29-02-2016 at 2:22 AM. Reason: email disguised to deter spam

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I am interested in chatting to you about your connection with Chequers Steeple Aston, as I have connections to Catherine Stevens/Hoare. I would be most grateful if you would contact me at annDOTburton11ATgmail.com and perhaps we can join some dots.

Regards
    Last edited by christanel; 29-02-2016 at 2:22 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Clio

Default Stevens - Steeple Aston

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Burton View Post
    I am interested in chatting to you about your connection with Chequers Steeple Aston, as I have connections to Catherine Stevens/Hoare. I would be most grateful if you would contact me at annDOTburton11ATgmail.com and perhaps we can join some dots.

Regards
    Hello
    I have just received your posts via email. Yes, I am a direct descendant of William Stevens and Catherine nee Hore on my paternal line and therefore born a Stevens. I will send you an email using your address.