seabee

Smile Harry Basil Brett Sheffield

Trying to find information about father's family, Harry Basil Brett born Roemarsh Parish of Sheffield 2/3/1918. Swallownest area. Son of Anthony ( Tony ) Brett, Drummer with Jack Hylton Band, variety artiste, part of Brett Repertory Company with wife stage name Mickey Brett. She was also variety artiste , comedienne appearing with her mother also Mickey as the Two Mickeys.Maiden name Kelso. Family story is that grandfather changed his name to stage name " Tony Brett ", birth name could have been similar such as Bartlett, Barrett, Barratt etc. hence difficulty searching Registrar Births. Grandmother Mickey also worked with Stan Laurel and Charlie Chaplin before they went to America. I would be most grateful if anyone could offer any leads or suggestions. Mike Brett.

Paul Marshall

Default Brett

Not asking for much, are you ...
    Have you tried the webmaster at
    www.jackhylton[/url] {dot} com
    Apparently Val Brett was an arranger, no mention of Bretts in the percussion section ...

Paul
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 22-09-2022 at 1:24 PM. Reason: url deactivation

seabee

Thumbs up Harry Basil Brett

Thanks for info re Jack Hylton site.I have e-mailed Pete Faint for any ref to Tony Brett.I am a beginner so apologies for asking too much.Very frustrating to have father's given names, birthdate, birthplace, parish which I now find is Rawmarsh not Roemarsh and a dubious surname!Very traumatic when dying father tells you his father changed the family name and can't remember what it was ! Thanks again. Mike Brett

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default harry basil brett

Quote Originally Posted by seabee View Post
    Trying to find information about father's family, Harry Basil Brett born Roemarsh Parish of Sheffield 2/3/1918. Swallownest area. Son of Anthony ( Tony ) Brett, Drummer with Jack Hylton Band, variety artiste, part of Brett Repertory Company with wife stage name Mickey Brett. She was also variety artiste , comedienne appearing with her mother also Mickey as the Two Mickeys.Maiden name Kelso. Family story is that grandfather changed his name to stage name " Tony Brett ", birth name could have been similar such as Bartlett, Barrett, Barratt etc. hence difficulty searching Registrar Births. Grandmother Mickey also worked with Stan Laurel and Charlie Chaplin before they went to America. I would be most grateful if anyone could offer any leads or suggestions. Mike Brett.
    Came across this query 16 years after you posted it, If you haven't already solved the problem I think I have.

I'm sorry, but seabee is no longer a member (indicated by the "guest" tag under their name), and will not know about your message. Once they leave the Forum, we are not allowed to retain their information.

PS Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I'm sorry, but seabee is no longer a member (indicated by the "guest" tag under their name), and will not know about your message. Once they leave the Forum, we are not allowed to retain their information.

PS Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Thanks for that, it's a pity this info couldn't get to him, hopefully he eventually sorted it out.