Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r-careys

Unhappy Bowden or Bowdern or Bowdren

Hello Forum Members,

Looking for any information or ideas on the following family that departed from Cork on the ship Samuel Boddington and arrived in Victoria, Australia 13-jan-1842
    Through birth death and Marriage certificates here in Australia the family name changes from Bowden to Bowdren and to Bowdern.
    The family that left Cork were Dennis along with his wife Johanna (ne Carey) and their children Margaret, John and Mary Anastasia.
    Dennis gave his age for shipping records as 34, his wife as 27 his children as 7, 6 and 2 years of age.
    I would like to have any information possible, what was their real name ( my guess is Bowden) where were they from (Cork)? When and where were they married, where were they in 1841 census any other family members.

Help Please

KathleenK3

Default Irish Bowdern

Well it is a long shot but thought I'd share our family Bowdern name. My Grandmother was a Bowdern, her parents were Thomas Bowdern (Nellie Hardy). Thomas parents were John Bowdern (Mary Kelly). John and his wife came to the US probably mid 1800's. She (Mary Kelly)was buried in St. Louis, MO, USA in 1883.

John was one of 7 children: James (Marg.Manion), Michael (Kitty Riley), Thomas, Martin (Mary Ann Stanton), Ellen (Tim OBrien), & Nancy (who died young). Any of those names ring a bell? We have heard that all the Bowderns are gone from Ireland. Many were sent to Australia. Are there many Bowderns there in Australia? We are traveling to Austalia Mid Feb 08....
    John Bodern's family was from Dungarvan, County Waterford Ireland. His mother's maiden name was Tobin
    Last edited by KathleenK3; 17-01-2008 at 7:00 PM. Reason: additional information

judy kirkpatric

Hi. I believe that we may share the same dennis Bowdern and Johanna Carey.I can be contacted at [email protected] cheers, Judy

Sparky_3

To KathleenK3 - All the names you have listed are in my family tree. You & I are distant relatives. I have sent you private message. Please contact me.

judy kirkpatric

Hi I think we share the same Bowdern/ Carey family please contact me at [email protected] Cheers, Judy Bowdern

I just found these same Bowdern family members in my tree this last week - though this is not a direct line for me, my connection to them comes from Timothy O'Brien's sister Johanna O'Brien who married Patrick Cronin in St Louis. Patrick and Johanna were my great-great grandparents. I will try to pm all 3 of you to see if you're still around since this is an older post.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I found the information you have on Dennis and Johanna. Their daughter Mary Anastasia is my GGG Grandmother.

Did you ever find their parents or where Dennis and Johanna were married?

Quote Originally Posted by r-careys View Post
    Hello Forum Members,

Looking for any information or ideas on the following family that departed from Cork on the ship Samuel Boddington and arrived in Victoria, Australia 13-jan-1842
    Through birth death and Marriage certificates here in Australia the family name changes from Bowden to Bowdren and to Bowdern.
    The family that left Cork were Dennis along with his wife Johanna (ne Carey) and their children Margaret, John and Mary Anastasia.
    Dennis gave his age for shipping records as 34, his wife as 27 his children as 7, 6 and 2 years of age.
    I would like to have any information possible, what was their real name ( my guess is Bowden) where were they from (Cork)? When and where were they married, where were they in 1841 census any other family members.

Help Please

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Did you find their marriage details and who their parents were? Their daughter Mary Anatasia is my GGG Grandmother.

Hi MikeMurphy and welcome to the Brit-Gen Forums
    r-careys is no longer a member of BG as indicated by the word Guest under their avatar. As they are no longer a member there is no way we can connect you with them as we hold no info for them.
    The other posters are still members so hopefully they will receive an email informing them of your post. Our system doing this was not working from Sept until a day or so ago but is now.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

christanel

Thank you for your reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast