Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gloria

Default Guyan's in Nigg

Apologies Robert - for referring to you as Cameron in my recent message regarding this couple. I'm a 5xGt.Grandaugher of Alexander GUYAN and Anna DONALD through their son John who married Margaret GRANT and settled in the Footdee area of Aberdeen.

I'd love to hear from anybody else researching this line.
    Regards
    Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    Hi George,

I am also researching Guyans and Caies in Nigg. I too have John Guyan and Anne Donald, but I have John as being born 1763 died 1845, son of Alexander Guyan and Anna Donald. I would be interested in comparing notes. I have John and Anne as having 12 children.

Best wishes
    Robert Cameron

Cameron

Default Guyan's

Hi Gloria,

Good luck in your research, I am starting to go through my info again as it looks like I might have got the wrong Guyan family at some point. I have a few different lines of Guyans to research but as I'm sure you know it is difficult as it is quite a common name in the parish.

Regards
    Robert.

Alexander Caie

Hello Julie

just a quick note! Im the third "Alexander Caie" on my dad's side.
    if you need any info i will try to help.
    Alex Caie

Charlottie93

Default hi

Hi im searching the guyans and if anyone knows anything about james robert guyan who lived in Abeerdeen but moved to Sunderland in the 1920- 30's it would be very appreciated if anyone knew about him

elaine6611

Hi,
    I have been researching the Caie family and my great grandfather was Alexander Caie born 1877 in Torry,Nigg. His father was also Alexander Caie and his mother was Jane King, they were married on 28th August,1869. This Alexanders parents were George Caie and Margaret forbes. Does this mean anything to you?

Phil Crabbe

Smile Caies, Guyans and Morrices in Nigg

Hi Elaine

I had a look in my tree and unfortunately can't find a link. I see you are from Bristol too. Maybe we can find some common ground with some of my other names.

You may find my new website of interest. It is still quite small, but as well as my lists of family surnames, I have uploaded my transcription of St Fitticks Marriage index from 1719-1875 (by groom). Although as you probably know, most of this information can be accessed through other websites.

My new site also has a guestbook - all welcome to post, but please be patient with me if I don't answer visitors' questions very quickly. It also has a few links to some really excellent relevant sites, published by people who really know this area well.
    Best wishes
    Philippa

elaine6611

Default Forbes

Hi Phil,

I notice you have the surname "FORBES" in you tree. I have checked on my tree and found a Margaret Forbes b.1823c.She was my great great great grandmother who married George Caie b. 1825c. There son,Alexander Caie,was my G G grandfather,(born 1845). His son,Alexander Caie was my great grandfather,b.1877.

I can also recall that I have a "Morrice" in my tree somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

Does this information mean anything to you?

Elaine

Phil Crabbe

Hi Elaine

Sorry, still no match yet. I do have two Forbes lines. One line is related to my fisherfolk communities, the other (Grocers) comes from Tarves, ABD in the early 19th C and they moved, via Old Meldrum, to Aberdeen City by 1851.
    Thanks for checking back
    best wishes
    Phil

JulieT

Default Guyans and Caies

Guyans and Caies, historical origins:
    I am interested in any information you may have on the Guyans originating from France in the middle ages. I am also interested in the Caie line. I have found both Guyans and Caies in genealogical records in France dating from the 1500s, but I have not been able to find any information linking them with the Guyans and Caies in Aberdeen/Nigg/Torry. These are very unusual names. It must be possible to trace their origins.

Guyans and Caies in my family:
    My third great grandfather was George Caie (b. 1823). His mother Jean Guyan (b. 1803 Nigg), and father Alexander Caie (b. 1799 Nigg) were married in 1822.

William Caie (b. 1764) and Jean Morrice (b. 1763) m. 1785 were the parents of Alexander Caie (Is this the brother of the Elizabeth Caie and Agnes Caie of the earlier posts of Merrie and torrygirl?)

George Caie (b. 1823) married Margaret Philip (b. 1816) in 1840 in Nigg. Their eldest daughter, Mary Caie (b. 1841) moved to Dartmouth, Devon, sometime before 1861, where she lived with her mother's brother's family (George Philip of Philip & Son shipbuilders in Dartmouth). Mary Caie married Robert Widdicombe, shipwright in Dartmouth. They moved with their family to Brisbane, Australia in 1884.

kind regards
    Julie

floramaggie

Hi All. Tracing the tree for a family friend. He has ancestors from Nigg. Many familiy name including the William Caie & Jean Morrice [daughter of Andrew and anna Guyan]that you mentioned above, Do you have any info on them?
    Hes also got a George Forbes Woods [1866]cropping up [son of Margaret Dyce Morrice}
    Lots of Caie people from Nigg
    Also Morrice
    Kennedy
    Wood
    Brand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12