Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phil Crabbe

Question Guyan family in Nigg

Hi

I am interested in researching Guyan families living in Nigg during the 18th century. My GGGG Grandfather George Guyan married Isabel Brydie on 7 June 1772 at Nigg. Their daughter Ann married John Allan in 1804 and another of their daughters, Agnes, married John Caie in 1805.

Is anyone else researching this name?

Phil Crabbe

gfindlay

Default Guyan family in Nigg

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Crabbe
    Hi

I am interested in researching Guyan families living in Nigg during the 18th century. My GGGG Grandfather George Guyan married Isabel Brydie on 7 June 1772 at Nigg. Their daughter Ann married John Allan in 1804 and another of their daughters, Agnes, married John Caie in 1805.

Is anyone else researching this name?

Phil Crabbe
    Hello Phil,
    I have both Guyan's & Caies from Old Torry (Nigg) on my mothers side of the family. "your" George Guyan is my 4th great grand uncle. I am descended from his younger brother John b. 25 January 1756 who married Anne Donald at Nigg in 1788. How can I help?

George Findlay

Cameron

Default Guyan's

Hi George,

I am also researching Guyans and Caies in Nigg. I too have John Guyan and Anne Donald, but I have John as being born 1763 died 1845, son of Alexander Guyan and Anna Donald. I would be interested in comparing notes. I have John and Anne as having 12 children.

Best wishes
    Robert Cameron

SANDYW

Default Sandy Watt

Hi Phil,

Like yourself, George, and Robert, I have been researching the Guyan's (Gayan's) and Caie"s for some time. My 2G grandfather was Alexander Caie, son of William Caie and Jean Morice, and his wife was a Jean Guyan. She was interred on 10 Oct 1849 aged 56 i.e born about 1793. In the period 1770 to 1810 there are only three records of christenings of Jean Guyan's and they were between 23 Jan 1803 and 27 Sep 1810. The Death Certificates of all three indicate that none of them were married to Alexander Caie. I suspect from studying the witnesses at the christenings of her nine children that her father was a George Guyan a whitefisher in Torry, who is probably the one who was interred 12th May 1835 aged 79 years i.e born about 1756, but I have not yet established his parentage or whether he had a partner.
    Like Robert I would be very interested to compare notes.

Sandy Watt

Merrie

I am also researching the Caie family.

William Caie and Jeannie Morrice were my 4g grandparents.
    Their eldest (?) daughter Elisabeth married William Davidson - my 3g grandparents.

I haven't got any further back than William.

I have also been following Alexander Caie and his children through scotlandspeople etc and am very happy to swap info / certificates etc.

Julie

torrygirl

Default Allan/Guyan

I am descended from John Allan & Anne Guyan, married in Nigg 1804
    John Allan is my GGGgrandfather - their first born child, George 1805 is the one I descend from on my mother's side - she was an Allan. Torrygirl

Phil Crabbe

Smile

John Allan is also my GGGgrandfather. I am descended from his 6th child Robert, bapt 1818, and who married Elspet (Else) Robertson in 1845 Nigg. They had 7 children. Margaret, bapt 1849, the eldest?, married George Morrice 1876 Cove, Nigg and they had eight children. John, their third child, was my mother's father.

Most of my mother's ancestors seem to have been fisherfolk, all whitefishers as far as I can find out. But I don't have an occupation for John Allan. Does anyone know what he did for a living?

Phil

torrygirl

Default John Allan

John Allan was also a whitefisher, born July 27, 1777.

It seems that a few of the Allans married Robertsons.
    Andrew Allan 1748 married Jean Robertson in 1772
    George Allan 1805, married Anne Robertson in 1831 in Nigg
    Robert Allan 1850 (descended from George Allan) married Christina Robertson
    in 1874 in Nigg. Robert and Christina are the grandparents of my mother, Mary Allan.

Torrygirl

torrygirl

Default Caie

Quote Originally Posted by Merrie
    I am also researching the Caie family.

William Caie and Jeannie Morrice were my 4g grandparents.
    Their eldest (?) daughter Elisabeth married William Davidson - my 3g grandparents.

I haven't got any further back than William.

I have also been following Alexander Caie and his children through scotlandspeople etc and am very happy to swap info / certificates etc.

Julie
    Hello Julie
    Just for interest my GGGGrandfather David Robertson married Agnes Caie,daughter of William Caie and Jean Morrice on Sept. 11 1819 in Nigg. I descend from their son, James Robertson born Feb. 15, 1823. Agnes must
    have been Alexander Caie's sister. Torrygirl

motherk

Hi
    I am also researching the Guyan and Caie families, my husbands GGGG Grandfather is George Guyan whose daughter Agnes married John Caie in 1805. Can anyone shed some light on these people.
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast