Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sam1

I know I have no proof that I may or may not be a descendent. What I said in my original post is that I would like to find out for sure.

I know I start with myself, but I wanted advice on the best way to get information from further back.

Thanks for all the info you've provided.

I'll let you all know if I find anything out

Scottie

Thumbs up Researching in Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by sam1
    I know I start with myself, but I wanted advice on the best way to get information from further back.
    Dear Sam1,
    If you are searching in Cornwall, you have hit the jackpot for help. First there is the Cornwall Family History Society, then the GENUKI pages, maintained by Ian Argall, for every parish and showing all sources of information
    We are all there to help you so have a look and ask your questions.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sam1
    I know I have no proof that I may or may not be a descendent. What I said in my original post is that I would like to find out for sure.

I hope you enjoy your hunt Sam1, and be warned of the danger of becoming compulsive about tracking down other family lines once you get into it this family history stuff.

Dont get too far ahead of yourself - you cannot skip generations. But it will be exciting to find that you are a descendant. It is much easier for a descendant to track back - than for a historian to track forward when they do not know who they are looking for! so you may be able to write that extra page in her history after all. There is often a grain of truth in a family story, but if she is very distantly related via marriage then it may be hard to find the link.

We look forward to hearing of your progress.

Christine
    Australia

natterjack72

Default This story has now become a work of fiction!

I don't know if the person who created this query is still using this site, but if they are or if anyone is interested, I have some news!

Mary Broad/Bryant's life story has been adapted into a fictional story, by the author "Lesley Pearse" and it's available from most retailers, especially online. The name of the book is "Remember Me". I am at present reading it myself and Lesley has adapted the story from information that she has researched herself. So far I am enjoying the book and it is quite captivating, in the fact of the hardships that the first fleet had to endure on the arrival in Australia. From what I am reading (and some of it is based on truth) it is a miracle that Mary didn't die along with many others of malnutrition.

I am enjoying the book so much, that I thought I would investigate her further. And the first thing I found was this thread.

If you are mildly interested in Mary Broad, I would definitely recommend this book as a mild incite into her life. Whether it be fact, mild or complete fiction. I believe it is based on fact!

Enjoy!

Natterjack

Michael.

Default Mary Broad/Bryant

I wonder whether you have been able to establish more about Mary's life, and death, following her return to Fowey. To Brave Every Danger offers a tantalising possibility and I would like to know if any further evidence has been found for an article I am writing.

Regards

Michael Davey

Default Mary Broad

Quote Originally Posted by sam1 View Post

Thanks for all the info you've provided.

I'll let you all know if I find anything out
    Hi, I know many years have passed since you first posted this message, but I have uncovered lots of new information about Mary and would love to know if I can help find out if you are descended from her. If you are still interested, please do contact me. Thanks Julia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12