Thread: Brooks Family

mini-mum

Default Brooks Family

Does any one have any details about the Brooks family, lived in the Dyserth / Rhyl area?
    Thanks

sbaxter

Default Free search sites

Quote Originally Posted by mini-mum
    Does any one have any details about the Brooks family, lived in the Dyserth / Rhyl area?
    Thanks
    Bit general this query!

Have you tried these sites that allow you to search free?

www.familysearch.org
    www.freebmd.org.uk

Goo luck.

mini-mum

Default Brooks family of Rhyl

Hi Thanks for that.
    I am looking for relatives of Elizabeth Brooks, 1845 - 1901 who married John Cambell Williams 1843 - 1912. Her Parents were John Brooks and Anne who lived at Plas Newydd, Dyserth.
    Are these people in your family tree?
    Does anyone have any family tree info about any of these people?

Reputation beyond repute

Available through the mormons -

Wales, Flint, Diserth - Church records

Titles Bishop's transcripts, 1671-1830 Church in Wales. Parish Church of Diserth

Y Ddiserth/Dyserth, Flintshire, Wales, [list of marriages] 1602-1970 Hayes, Dafydd

Dyserth parish registers [1602-1812] Clwyd Family History Society

Register books, 1823-1837 Capel Ucha (Diserth, Flintshire : Calvinistic Methodist)

mini-mum

Default Brooks family

Thats fabulous
    Many thanks Peter

janetprytherch

Default Brooks Family

Hello
    I am a member of the Brooks family from Plas Newydd.

My grandfather Thomas Brooks who was born in Llanasa inherited Plas Newydd from his uncle Thomas who was a batchelor, I think Uncle Thomas as he was referred to, had a sister called Elizabeth but I'm not sure.My grandfather was born about 1882 and died about 1971.

My grandfather's youngest son ( my uncle) also called Thomas still lives at Plas Newydd.

Elizabeth is also a common family name, both my mother and I are Elisabeth.

james brooks

Default Brooks Family In America

Hi! I'm glad you posted this thread. Elizabeth Brooks would be my first cousin, three times removed. I'm descendent of Sampson Brooks, a stone mason who emigrated to America in 1869. His brother Ambrose also came to America at about the same time and appears to return to Wales, before returning permanently to America. I have a public family tree on Ancestry.com that I can share with you.

I have a copy of George Brookes will that talks about the transfer of land you mention. I would enjoy learning more about the Brooks family in Wales. Please feel free to contact me.

Jan1954

Hello James - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Unfortunately, mini-mum is no longer a member of the forum and so will not necessarily see your message.

Good luck with your research,