orchidman999

Talking Isaac Morey, Isle of Wight , info. request.

I am looking into my wife's ancestors and found that some came from the Isle of Wight.
    One 2nd Gr-Grandparent was Isaac Morey born 1832, in Chale, Isle of Wight.
    His parents were Isaac Morey (Snr.) & Jane Waring. Could anyone give details of his parents please , like birth/Christening, marriage. If you can give details pre-1837, where can I find them? I am fairly new to this.

Isaac Morey(Jnr) married Eliza Jenkins. She was born in Bristol c.1829.
    Her father,I think was William Jenkins. Could anyone confirm these details and add anymore info., like Eliza's mother's name.

Thank you.

Peter Fowler

Julie Tyrell

Default His parents were Isaac Morey (Snr.) & Jane Waring.

Hi

Another site you can use is the www.familysearch.org, the information generally is correct but there are errors and it is best to confirm anything you find with parish records.

I found the marriage of Isaac MOREY to Jane WARING in 1815 Chale, Isle Of Wight, , Hampshire, England. It states that Isaac's parents were James and Martha MOREY (formerly Brown) and that Isaac was baptised on 08 MAY 1793 Chale, Isle Of Wight, , Hampshire, England.

I also found a son (brother for Isaac) James born 26 DEC 1784 Chale,Isle Of Wight, , Hampshire, England.

I use the search section in International Index, also another way is to just put in the surname and country of interest (no year), and it will give you all the records for that search, obviously you will get a lot of irrelavant data but if your relatives came from a specific town/area you can add in extra family members. But remember to check at some point against other sources that the facts are correct.

Good luck
    Julie

Reputation beyond repute

Peter

You live within spitting distance of Hampshire Record Office. Have you thought if asking them whether they have IoW PRs on microform? (the originals are at IoW RO)

orchidman999

Thumbs up

Thanks Julie for the information. I never thought I would be able to go back so far.
    The Hampshire register office is down the road (7 miles), at Winchester.
    I will phone them after Easter to see if they have Isle of Wight register details.

Thanks again.

Peter

Steve Steere

Hi Peter,

Look at the Isle of Wight FHS

A section on their Indexes says "
    The index follows on from the Cardex found in the IW County Record Office, which lists every known baptism up to 31st December 1900."

The Isle of Wight is separate from the rest of Hampshire
    and has its own Record Office.

Happy hunting.

Steve

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Peter,

Isaac Morey is my great great great uncle. I might be able to help with some moreys.

Stephen Thompson

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Stephen,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately Peter is no longer a member of the forum (hence the word 'guest' by his username). We have no other information about him. Sorry.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”