Donald NZ

Default Robert Vile, b. abt 1725, m. Lydia @ Overstratton, Somerset

Looking for any information on Robert Vile, b. abt 1725 married Lydia at Overstratton, Somerset

They had three children:

Son, Joseph born abt 1750, died 16 December 1829, at Overstratton and buried at South Petherton, Somerset and daughters Joan and Mary.
    Any information will be most appreciated.
    Donald Mackay

Default Robert Vile

I have a Robert Vile in my tree the Vile family married in to the Marks/Markes family which is where the main family that I am reseaching.

is this the Robert you are looking for

Robert Vile born South Petherton Somerset England married Lydia born South Petherton
    as far as i know they had 4 children

Joan Vile born 1744 South Petherton married Samuel Bailey abt 1777
    Mary Vile 1748 South Petherton
    Joseph Vile 1750 South Petherton died 16 December Oerstraton married Susanna Peran born 1768 south Petherton
    John Vile 1754 married Mary Riodbard 21 sept 1777
    they had 7 children one of them a daughter Lydia who married William Marks which is were my family come into it

I have more on the John Vile and Mary Riodbard family if you are intrested and bits and bots on the Vile family

from Martina

Donald NZ

Hello Martina

Sorry about my slow response. I have not been involved in genealogy for a while and note this is my first vist this year. Looks like the same Robert & Lydia Vile as the dates & family tie in. However your Susanna Peran born 1768 seems incorrect as they were married that year and also had their first child that year.
    We link up to the same family lineage with Robert and Lydia, however I still have some confirmation proving of Grandson and Gt. Grandson's full family, then back to Robert & Lynda. I will get back to you with some info.
    Donald

Donald NZ

Hello Martina
    Over recent weeks I have spent most all of my time checking over several years of Somerset research. At the time of your posting I had commenced a thorough going over of where my information had originated from and what was proven. Unfortunately, it seems my initial supplied base information was incorrect

In my early days of tracing family members I had assumed other researchers before me would have confirmed their research, so when I was supplied with some Somerset family information that did actually tie in. I accepted the information as factual and built up several generations of linage and full families around the information provided.
    Now several years later, when I sought proof confirmation on each aspect of family lineage, I discovered that in the information supplied to me all those years ago, they had mixed two people with the same names into a similar time frame marriage, with the consequent result that I have had to dump all the several generations of subsequent research, of someone else’s lineage and start again.
    The information may have been useful to you, but rather than waste time checking out and proving individual lineage, you are better off spending your time building from a base that you know is factual.
    It would have been really neat if we could have had the same lineage and pooled resources.

You will probably see me over the next few days, seeking catchup assistance from some of the more knowledgeable Somerset BG members and with luck, other persons researching the same families.
    My best wishes to you
    Donald

Thats no problem as my real seach lies with the Marks family. lydia Vile married William Marks back in 1816. I have hit a bit off a brick wall with William at the moment as I need to find his parents

Thank you for the infomation on Susanna Peran I had been given this infomation by another family member and had not checked it out myself.

Martina

Wobbley

I thought this might be of interest.

https://www.mjcvile.co.uk/productssimple1.html

Brian

Donald NZ

Smile

Hello Brian
    Thank you for adding to the post. Although not the families I am tracing, the website may be useful to others who visit this posting.
    Regards
    Donald

HiFly

Quote Originally Posted by Donald NZ View Post
    Over recent weeks I have spent most all of my time checking over several years of Somerset research. At the time of your posting I had commenced a thorough going over of where my information had originated from and what was proven. Unfortunately, it seems my initial supplied base information was incorrect

In my early days of tracing family members I had assumed other researchers before me would have confirmed their research, so when I was supplied with some Somerset family information that did actually tie in. I accepted the information as factual and built up several generations of linage and full families around the information provided.
    Now several years later, when I sought proof confirmation on each aspect of family lineage, I discovered that in the information supplied to me all those years ago, they had mixed two people with the same names into a similar time frame marriage, with the consequent result that I have had to dump all the several generations of subsequent research, of someone else’s lineage and start again.

Donald
    Commiserations Donald - very frustrating I'm sure.. I think I may have had the same scenarios with bits of my lineage....so it's a lesson to all new (and old) researchers.

HiFly

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Martina, I've just spotted your reply here and these names have popped up in connection to my family so I suspect we are somehow related. I would love to hear from you.

Knowledgeable and helpful

From Free Reg.
    Baptism.5 October 1726. Robert Vile. Son of Edmund. Ss Peter and Paul, South Petherton.
    There are considerable number of other Vile records on this site. ( Just Google Free Reg)