Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kingetter

Default MASSIES and GERRIES - Fraserburgh and ?

I'm researching MASSIES from Fraserburgh, Scotland, and connecting / extended families.
    Alexander Gerrie MASSIE (William Reid-4, John-3, John-2, George-1) was born in 1877 in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire. He died in 1952 in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.

Alexander Gerrie MASSIE and Janet GERRIE were married in 1898 in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.

Janet GERRIE was born about 1880. Alexander Gerrie MASSIE and Janet GERRIE had the following children:

i. Janet Mitchell MASSIE was born in 1898 in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
    ii. Alexander MASSIE was born in 1899 in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.

Alexander Gerrie MASSIE and Janet GERRIE were cousins. Their respective fathers married twin sisters (IRONSIDE) & I cannot find out who Janet Gerries father was.

Anyone knowing any of this family, please contact me.

Thanks,
    J/

jstasko

Default Janet Mitchell Ironsides Gerrie

My mother's maiden name was Janet Gerrie and she came to the U.S. around 1915-1920. Her father was from Scotland and his name was John Gerrie - mother was Lucy Blaber from London. My mother's full name was Janet Mitchel Ironsides Gerrie-her father either had a strange sense of humor or drank a bit!

Kingetter

Thanks very much for your reply. It does leave me somewhat mystified though. Could you add anything to what you posted please? Does London figure at all?
    Thanks again.

bryan williamson

Unhappy gerrie family

myggg gran was janet mitchell inside she maried alexander gerrie in 1875 in fraserburgh i am looking for one of her daughters isabella born in 1896 help.

bryan williamson

Default janet mitchell ironside

hi jstasko my ggg gran mouther was janet mitchell ironside she maried alexander gerrie in fraserburgh. were did youre janet mitchell ironside gerrie come from there must be a link alexander was living in fulam in london in 1900 his wife died in 1906 in fulam .

bryan williamson

=bryan williamson]myggg gran was janet mitchell inside she maried alexander gerrie in 1875 in fraserburgh i am looking for one of her daughters isabella born in 1896 help.[/QUOTE]

LynEllen

Hi J/

Have a look at my thread in Banffshire in Scotland counties. Headed Davidson - Boyndie, Gamrie, Fyvie, Macduff.
    My Great grandmother was called Mary Gerrie from Gamrie. Her parents were Lewis Gerrie and Jane Jameison from Tarves.
    I do not know if my Gerrie's are connected to yours, but I haven't found masses of them.
    LE

eNZedFred

Hi there, my gr gr Grandmother was Isobella Gerrie born 12/5 1816 Culsalmond, Aberdeenshire. Her name is recorded at various times as Gerrie or Garioch. Some of the the family are Herriegerrie. Cheers, Fred.

Kingetter

Hi eNZedFred,

Do you have Isobella's parents names by any chance?

James.

eNZedFred

Hi there James,
    James Herigerry / Gerrie chr Rayne, Aberdeenshire 2 July 1786. He married Jane (Jean) Dufton brn C1792 at Culsalmond on 6 March 1813 at Culsalmond.
    On the 1841 census at Dunydeer, Insch with the family.
    I'm pretty sure James' parents were John Herrigerrie and Margaret Cassie. They had 7 kids.
    John's parents were probably James Herrrigerrie and Elspet Glenny.
    Happy to share anything I've got.
    Cheers, Fred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast