Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAMBIER family

rjgvip

Hi Sonia...thanks for reply,intriguing and very interesting. Is there any chance you might be able to make direct contact as I have some questions about the Will.....also sameFamily story as to boot boy/valet from Census entries....I can be reached via rjgvip at btinternet dot com so please do make contact as I have lots of extensive info to share. Many thanks, Reg

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Any descendants of Captain Gambier, Balkan corresoindent of The Times in 1878?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I am a descendant of the Gambier family, starting with Nicholas, 1650-1724 from Caen, Normandy. I have some information and would be willing to help if I can!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you, Sylvia! I've read online a part of Links in my life on land and sea by J.W. Gambier. Besides giving an eyewitness account of the Shipka Pass battle from the Ottoman side, which is invaluable to Bulgarian history, in CHAPTER XXV I found another interesting detail. On page430 he writes that he saw a burning church in the town of Shipka and salvaged a unique icon depicting "Passing of the Virgin" which he kept. Do you still have it as a family heirloom, and if yes, have you got a picture of it? Thanks a lot! Vladimir Dvoretzky, Sofia, Bulgaria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12