Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lobjoit

Zoe Archer

Red face Lobjoit

The LOBJOIT family were in Chiswick from 1800 onwards although the patriarch didn't marry his good missus there. William Anthony was quite a bit older than his wife, being about 50 when his first child was born in Chiswick, which leads me to believe there may have been another marriage previously.

However, where he came from is a mystery.

I would be grateful of any sightings of the name prior to 1800. It is not a common name, in fact every LOBJOIT that I've come across in the 19th century has been linked to this family. So if you happen to be scouring parish records and come across this name, please drop me a line. I'd be forever in your debt!

Happy hunting!
    Cheers
    Zoe Archer

zoe

Think I replied on another site but let me know if you are interested still. Married into the family.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I presume you have details of his death? He was buried St Nicholas, Chiswick 14 Nov 1819, born 1751. There is a headstone.

Emeltee

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    I presume you have details of his death? He was buried St Nicholas, Chiswick 14 Nov 1819, born 1751. There is a headstone.

Emeltee
    HI I am also married into the family and would love to see the headstone if you have a picture

Thank you

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by feckless View Post
    zoe

Think I replied on another site but let me know if you are interested still. Married into the family.
    Hi,

I would also be interested in the information. My partner is Ronald Anthony Lobjoit

Thank you

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Zoe,

I would love to place your side into my partner tree which I manage. He is Ronald Anthony Lobjoit

Thank you

Knowledgeable and helpful

Unfortunately Zoe's no longer active on this site (indicated by "Guest" under her name). No contact details are held for her and she's unlikely to see your post. Hopefully someone else will find it of interest some time

Default William Anthony

Hi Tania,

I am stuck at William Anthony as he seems not to have married Jane Dall, it is a missing link, I know the earlier family but cannot join them.

Daniel Lobjoit was born in Picardie, France. He had at least 1 son and 1 daughter with Jeanne Grandin.

His son Pierre Lobjoit was born in Picardie, France as the son of Daniel Lobjoit and Jeanne Grandin. He married Marie Madelaine on 19 June 1689. They were the parents of at least 2 sons and 3 daughters. He came to settle in Kent.

His son

isaac Lobjoit was christened on 4 March 1694, in London, England, United Kingdom as the son of Pierre Lobjoits and Marie Madelaine. He had at least 1 son and I have not found him.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello,

I appreciate the reply and information. I do hope we can connect the dots someday.
    I believe you may have messaged my partner on Ancestry with this information. I have a subscription, he does not so I assist with the tree and his DNA matches.

Reagrds
    Tania

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I am guessing you have tread the will and probate documents where Jane Dall is referred to as his housekeeper and a spinster so no marriage took place in the twenty four years of living together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast