Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROSIE families

cdnsctgirl

Post ROSIE families

Is anyone else researching ROSIE families in Wick or Canisbay? I can go back to about 1750 with my line, but I would like to go further, of course. I've heard that if you go back far enough, most of the ROSIEs are related somehow.

Anyone with ROSIEs interested in seeing if our trees match up?

Sarah

Mamie

I certainly am researching Rosie in Canisbay and some in Wick.

My earliest proven ancestors are William Rosie about 1779 who married Isobel Manson. My line goes through their son Sinclair.

Mamie( Maryann Rosie)

cdnsctgirl

Talking

That William ROSIE is my 5th great-granduncle. I believe I've talked to you before about the ROSIEs. We certainly are connected... 5th cousins 2 times removed to be exact! Have you come across any more ROSIE information recently that takes the line further back?

Sarah

Mamie

Hmm I am thinking that William is the son of John Rosie and Janet Williamson but can't really prove it except by a process of elimination. The lack of records in the 1720-1740 period seems to reduce the chances of going further back. Is that what you are assuming as well?

So who is your 5th great grandfather?

Are you the Sarah who just emailed me that I sent a gedcom to today??

cdnsctgirl

Yes, John ROSIE and Janet WILLIAMSON are a definite possibility. Walter ROSIE (born 1775), his son, is my 5th great-grandfather (if we're correct about the parentage!).

It must be a different Sarah. I haven't e-mailed you, or received anything from you lately.

Sarah (in Canada)

Mamie

Well if you know more about the descendants of Walter then we need to share. Which one of his children is your 4th great grandfather? I seem to have come across 4 sons? George, Alexander, William and Donald any more that you know of?

The only one I think I have any information for is Donald who is with his parents in Canisbay for the 1841 census. I am thinking he along with a wife Mary? and son William can be found in 1851 in Staxigoe in Wick? There were also a John and Elizabeth Rosie who I believe are his grandchildren but I don't know who their father or mother is.

I would say that Walter died between 1841 and 1851 but his wife Elizabeth Williamson along with a granddaughter Elizabeth were also in Staxigoe in 1851.

I have a lot of information on William's descendants as this is my line.

Drop me a line and I can send you a gedcom if it would help.
    Last edited by Guest; 21-10-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: email address

cdnsctgirl

Smile

I have e-mailed you. Yes, I would be interested in a GEDCOM if you have one (I forgot to mention that in the e-mail!).

Thanks!

Sarah

JocelynR

Default ROSIE or ROSEY

Hi again Sarah: I've found a Mary Jane Rosie or Rosey who married Robert Mowat on 23.12.1824 in Canisbay. They had at least 2 children: John, born 9.9.1825 and Janet, Jean or Jane who if she was one person was born on 30.12.1827. Or if there were 2 daughters, say a Janet and a Jean, the younger was born in 1830. All in Canisbay.

They're not really relatives of mine, but connections by marriage - I got caried away (as you do) while chasing yet another Henderson Taylor.

Joc

Kingetter

I understand Catherine MANSON m James SIMPSON 12 June 1771, Canisbay.

Son William (b 8th July 1772?) may have married a Bessie Rosie. At present, I've nothing more to go on.

Any connections?

James.

Kingetter

Has anyone these in their research?

Murdoch Rosie b. abt 1804 d. 12/3/1873 Wick
    Married to Christina Wilson b. Oct 31,1809 d. 7/4/1874 Wick

James.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast