Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ed Bradford

Default Homewood family from Kent

Is anyone out there researching the Homewood family from Kent?
    ............Ed

lisingreece

Default homewoods of Kent

Hi Ed this is am very old posting but then our subjects are very old.
    I have Homewoods in my family
    Elizabeth Homewood who m Henry Huntley in 1835 is my 3x GGmother.
    It seem but I have not proved this, that this family originates as far as we can see in Shoreham Kent.

Any good to you?

all the best
    Lis

Ed Bradford

Hey Lis,

Nice to hear from another Homewood researcher. I don't seem to have an Elizabeth Homewood that would be of the age to marry in 1835. That doesn't mean that your Elizabeth doesn't fall into my line but at the moment I don't see a link. Do you have any information on Elizabeth's parents? Maybe there is a tie in there.

There are a couple other researchers that are also looking into the Homewood families in the Kent and Sussex areas. They have done extensive research. Each has provided their family information free of charge on a web sites You might try looking there for a tie in. The links to them is as follows:

https://kenhomewood.com/
    https://family-tree-russell.co.uk/

Happy hunting.

...........Ed

v.wells

I have a Philly Homewood that I think married a Wells. She apparently was a witness to a marriage I have for 1849 in Wateringbury, Kent. I have never been able to nail her down.

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by lisingreece View Post
    this family originates as far as we can see in Shoreham Kent.
    Tenterden area I think you'll find. Archer's Surname Atlas shows the greatest concentration in the Tenterden Poor Law (Registration) District which is usually a good clue to the origin. There is a Homewood a little north of Tenterden on the Ashford Road. The name lives on in Homewood School.

lisingreece

Default Homewood family

Hi and thank you for responding. I will check those sites.

My Eliz C 8/12/1812 d Thomas & Mary nee Ashley. She married Henry Huntley at St Brides Fleet St 24/5/1835.
    From then on its info from others.
    So have no direct proof that this tree goes back to Shoreham via Elizabeth 's Ggrandfather Thomas who was born 1697 Shoreham

Best wishes
    Lis

Ed Bradford

Vanessa,
    Seems to me that I saw a woman with the first name of Philadelphia listed in Ken Homewood's web site. You might try looking there. https://kenhomewood.com/

Peter,
    You're right about the concentration of Homewoods in the Tenterden area. There's another concentration just over the line in Sussex. To date, I don't believe that anyone has found a common thread to connect the Kent and Sussex lines.

................Ed

v.wells

Thanks Ed, I will have a look there.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes - and getting VERY confused. Are you still interested?

Steve

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello, do you have a view on what connections there may be between Kent Homewoods and those in Spitalfields around the 1690s? many thanks
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast