Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lady Kincavel

Default Finlays in Jersey

I would like to receive some information about the family name de Malpas-Finlay if anybody has some. Thankyou

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Hello Lady Kincavel

If you do not hear from Michael de Malpas-Finlay, you can email him by going to his user profile via clicking on his user name. Or you can also send him a PM via the private messaging system.

Happy to have you on board the Brit-Gen forum.
    Good luck with your research.

ChristineR

Lady Kincavel

Default de Malpas-Finlay

Could Michael de Malpas-Finlay supply some more information please?

Lady Kincavel

demalpas

Please email me at demalpas at btinternet dot com with your request. I don't know a great deal about Monte Bello. My father's grandfather Col William Finlay owned it in the early 1900s and then I think his sister Dorothy (Dot) Finlay owned it later. I remember my father, who died in 1993, telling stories of visiting his grandparents there when he was a boy. He was born in 1912 and his father was killed in 1917. After his father's deat, his mother lived with her parents-in-law for a while at Monte Bello. His mother's father was Richard de Malpas Cotgrave. My father's name of George William Finlay was changed by deed poll in 1918 to George William (surname de Malpas-Finlay) by his grandfather when all male lines of the family traceable to circa 1200 were killed in WW1. The Cotgrave family originated in Malpas in Cheshire.
    Last edited by Mutley; 13-04-2009 at 7:35 PM. Reason: e-mail disguised to deter pesky spammers

Famous for offering help & advice

Long shot I know but I've just found a missing cousin - Grace POLLINGTON(born 1887) - in the German Occupation Registration Cards for the 13th January 1941 with an address of 'Monte Bello' St Peters. I can find no trace of her on the UK mainland after 1911 and just wondered if she was possibly a servant with the family who remained in Jersey during and after the occupation? If you have ever come across the name I would be interested thanks.
    Mitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12