pierce-brosnan

Default 1851 water damaged CD's - QUAYLE

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum so just wanted to say hello to everyone.
    I'm researching QUAYLE in Manchester and wondered if anyone had any of the 1851 water damaged census CD's?

If so, please could you see if there are any QUAYLE / QUALE / QUAIL / QUAILE / QUAYLEY etc. families on them?

Thank you for any help with this - best wishes Vanda (Isle of Wight)

uksearch

I do not have access to the CD but I have access to the fiche. The various ditricts are indexed separately so it will make it easier if you state which area you are interested in.The main areas covered are Ardwick, Deansgate, London Rd, Hulme, St Georges, Prestwich and Blackley. A tiny portion of Chorlton on Medlock and Deansgate are also available.

UK

Default 1851 unfilmed census

Hi

I have the unfilmed returnes for Chorlton upon Medlock Manchester and have found this

134 Lees Street

Quale? Robert head age 2?
    Quale? Ann sister age 17
    Quale? George brother age 15 packer
    Quale Edward brother age 11 erand boy

all born Manchester

Peanut

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there, I am new to this forum too so don't really know my way around yet. But I was interested in your post as my 2X Great Grandfather was Charles Stewart Quail who I think was born c 1810 in Manchester and was transported to Australia as a convict in 1826/7. Like most convicts he did very well for himself and while I have been able to collect some information on him and his descendents from his arrival I have no information about this family before his transportation. If you have found any information about him or his family in your travels I would be very grateful if you could let me know. Thanks and best wishes, Janice Baker, Sydney NSW jbjw {at} bigpond.com
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 14-01-2022 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Email address deactivated as per our T&C. Copy/paste to use

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

I'm sorry to have to point out that the authors of the first 2 posts are no longer members of BG (you can see that from the tag "guest" under their names on the left, where your tag reads "newcomer". This means that we no longer have contact info for them and can't sent notification of your message.

Have a look round, pick somewhere suitable, and start your own thread.

A very warm welcome to Britgen.
    There are some lengthy newspaper reports about Charles Quail's court appearance in 1826 - part of a gang of ne'er do wells. Sentenced to Transportation for life there are prison records on FindMyPast which include an appeal (Nov 1826) by his father, Joseph Quaile, to Robert Peel for clemency. Joseph refers to his naval career with Nelson and Jervis as part of his plea. He mentions he is 64 years old. He describes Charles as a sixteen year old
    It's a very eloquent plea
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"