RobinH

Arrow Owslebury, Hampshire and Betchworth, Surrey

I have several ancestors in the above places, and would be pleased to hear from anyone with knowledge of them.

RobinH
    New Zealand

willow

Would you like to give some names?

RobinH

Default Names

Surely:

Hoare, Mace, Prince, Spreadbury, Brown, Boakes, Rayfield, Salter, Calloway, Callaway, Old, Hayward, Faulkner, Tolley, Gunsby, Freeman, Mason, Jordan, Mercer, Shoesmith

Hope this helps!

Robin

YodaTheSenior

Default RAYFIELD, Rayfield HARDS

I have found a Rayfield HARDS while researching my RAYFIELD history. I have a photo of the gravestone, from St Mary's East Farleigh.

Kent Archaelogogy has a list of M.I.s at St Marys church graveyard, East Farleigh:

https://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Re...arleigh/01.htm

- which includes a John RAYFIELD - and a Rayfield HARDS.

Some inscriptions are no longer legible, but fortunately records of these are kept (on their website) from a period when they WERE legible (1850s?).

The enthusiastic webmaster for East Farleigh - (Adam Palmer) - provided me with two gravestone photos, one containing a Rayfield HARDS (one of whom is strangely NOT recorded in the MIs, but whose name can be plainly seen in the photograph) - so if someone is looking for that name, for their family records, I have the photo, kindly produced by Adam.

To 'fly' over (East Farleigh) St Mary's church graveyard - through 360 degrees:
    https://www.eastfarleigh.net/East-Farleigh-Maps.php

(There's also a brief history on the website - from 40 BC - of East Farleigh, once known as Ferlaga in the Domesday Book, also Fearnlega in 1300, and East Farly in 1575).

JohnN

Default Owslebury

Gdday Robin

I lived not far from Owslebury as a youngster - you may or may not know that the name of the village is pronounce "Ozzle-bry". Just thought you might be interested!

Cheers

John
    .._

L chantler

Default Robin one place studies

Are you still interested in your ancestors from Owslebury Robin? Many of my ancestors also came from this village and wonder if any names match yours. They are mainly Taylor, Fletcher,
    Harfield, Jeffery

Lynda