Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jane M

Hi Jason,
    Don't despair...these things have a way of sorting themselves out in the least likely way! Have you thought of electoral registers?
    I'm sure Louisa is sniggering into her halo watching all this!

Jane

Jo Simpsons

I am trying and trying but they just seem to be constantly engaged .... gggrrrr !
    Or should that be Gurr?
    Have you got her marriage cert to Alfred Gurr? Or may be one of her children to him?
    Jo

genfind

Default Hi Jane & Jo

Thank you both very much for all of the assistance you have provided - this really is much appreciated.
    However after getting hold of the Brighton Library they searched their records and got back with nothing. They suggested I get in touch with the Hastings Reference Library. I did this and they have scoured their archives for the date of the crash and the inquest dates (As per death certificate) and have also come back with nothing. They did however tell me that the accident took place just outside of Bexhill and so they have suggested I try Bexhill library instead. I shall do this first thing Monday morning.
    As far as the marrige to Thomas Alfred goes we do have the certificate but in the box section for the fathers name and occupation there is a line drawn through so this does not help at all !!!
    You are right - She`s probably sat up there with the big guy in the sky using as as Cluedo pieces !!! She really is a mystery.
    We cannot locate any children that she had either and the death certificate does not provide any clues because it was my Grandfather who registered the death which we knew anyway but trying to get information from him was difficult as he did not remember too much.
    Well all I can do now is to get in touch with Bexhill Library and see if they have any articles on the accident or an obituary which may include some more family names.......come on you lot out there......who lives near Bexhill Library and is willing to go and have a look for me ??? Naturally I would pay you so am not asking for a free service (Although it would be nice !!!! :-) )
    Thanks everyone - speak soon
    Jason

Jane M

Hi Jason,

Just a few thoughts;
    1. I presume she was a passenger in the car. Any idea who might have been driving or other passengers & was another car involved?
    2. Wouldn't there have been a police report? How about popping into your local nick & ask them about such reports..do they keep them, if so where would they be found?
    3. What about placing an ad in the local Bexhill paper asking if anyone remembers the 1984 accident...witnesses, others involved who might still be around in the area.
    4. Do you know if she was buried, if so where? Would the tombstone have any clues?
    5. Post a message on as many 'finding people' websites as you can. Others might be researching the same line. (Google 'finding people' & you'll get quite a few sites)
    6. Do you think she travelled anywhere abroad in her lifetime? I'm thinking passport applications.
    7. Electoral registers might shed some light.
    8. Was there a will?

Phew, I've run out of ideas Hope some of those help!

Jane

genfind

Unhappy Still trying....still frustrated !!

Hi all - Well...there was no will that we know of.....dont know if and where buried......driver of the car still alive but does not remember anything about the accident and is now in a wheelchair.
    I have managed to obtain the Coroners report which also includes witness statements to the accident, newspaper clippings and reports, witness and police drawings to the accident etc. All of this was very kindly provided by the Coroners Office in London upon my request.
    However, these do not yield any clues to who her parents were !!! We are still back to square one where we are unable to locate her virth record GRO number to enable us to order her certificate and I am sure that most of you (If not all) already know that to order a certificate via the General Records Office you have to provide a GRO number !!!!
    Now I am getting very very annoyed indeed and her brother James (Jim) is just as difficult to find. All we know about him is that he died in Aldershot !!
    The horrid thing about all of this is that we have so much info on Louisa but not the magic GRO number and we also have plenty of photos of her and one of her brother Jim. All we want right now is her parents names but we just are not getting anywhere and have been about 2 years looking for her !!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
    Just in case here is who we are looking for again...
    Louisa STIMSON b. Hastings 20th Aprill 1902
    Thanks in advance everyone !
    Anthony

Mutley

There is a Louisa Maud Stinson in the 1911 census.
    She is a niece so no parents listed but worth a look.
    I have not tried to follow her back yet.
    RG14/1797 SN147
    (Copyright TNA)

Mutley

The birth of the above lass is registered in Romford, Essex in June 1900
    so probably not yours.
    Sorry.

Nicolina

I also wondered about that one Mutley. One the 1901 Census (RG13/337/9 Page 9) for 136, Bow Common Lane, Mile End Old Town she is listed as being born in Woodford, Essex, the daughter of:
    John H. Stinson born about 1870 in Camberwell
    and
    Louisa M. Stinson born about 1876 in St Pancras

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

On Findmypast I found a Louisa Stimson, married 1935 3Q Battle district, vol 2b page 173, who married a Thomas A. Gurr. They can be found in the 1939 register living at 245 London Road, Bexhill MB, Sussex, in a household of 6 people. Four of the records are closed, probably children who are still living. Louise's birthdate is given as 20/4/1902 and her husband Thomas Gurr was born 4/5/1868,which matches your 30 years age gap. He is unemployed and she is a housewife. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12