bevrich

Question Marriage look up- Pogson

Hello

I wonder if anyone has access to any resources which may help identify the marriage of
    John Pogson to Sarah?.
    I think they married around 1815-17, first child being born in 1818 in Quarrington, Sleaford. I have looked in that area for a marriage but drawn a blank. John died before 1851 so I don't have a birthplace for him, but Sarah's is given as Lincoln in the 1851 census, so I wondered if someone would be able to check the marriage index for this Deanery if possible. Thanks for any help.
    Beverley

There was also a child (Mary) with the "right" parents baptised in New Sleaford 25 Nov 1816.

The National Burial Index2 has

William Green POGSON 18 May 1820 (I see he was bap on 12 May 1820)

The IGI has a marriage for

John POXSON to Sarah GREEN, 21 Oct 1816 at Nocton.

bevrich

Default Re John Pogson and Sarah

Thank you Geoff, I will follow up all the information you have posted. I had not picked up the marriage on the IGI, funnily enough I had seen the name misread/mistranscribed as Foxen but had not considered Poxen.
    Thanks again
    Beverley

I had tried POXON but it didn't work if I remember correctly. I assumed for a moment that she might have been Sarah GREEN (from the child's middle name) and there it was!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Beverley
    I am looking for exactly the same information. Did you come across any records for the correct John and Sarah. If so I'd appreciate it if you could point me at the source.