Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    floramaggie

Question FRY family of Somerset

I am looking for the family of Charles Fry m Elizabeth Mudey [Moodey] about 1800. Their son Daniel Curtis Fry was born at Bath circa 1807. Does anyone know where the records for Bath would be held and if the IGI for Somerset is complete? This family doesnt appear on the IGI at all. Charles was a butcher according to Daniels marriage certificate.

AnnB

For the Bath Archives try www.
    batharchives.co.uk/[/url

Best wishes
    Ann

Burrow Digger

Quote Originally Posted by floramaggie
    I am looking for the family of Charles Fry m Elizabeth Mudey [Moodey] about 1800. Their son Daniel Curtis Fry was born at Bath circa 1807. Does anyone know where the records for Bath would be held and if the IGI for Somerset is complete? This family doesnt appear on the IGI at all. Charles was a butcher according to Daniels marriage certificate.
    If by IGI, you are referring to the LDS mormon website at Family search dot org, then no, Somerset is very poorly covered by the IGI at that site. I have family from Somerset and very few of them show up on the IGI.

www.
    somerset.gov.uk/archives/

This is the Somerset Records Office website.

Burrow Digger

frances mary

Default ry Family Somerset

I am looking for the family of Charles Fry m Elizabeth Mudey [Moodey] about 1800.
    Dunno it it helps but in my Tree, there are three Charles Fry - two would not be the same one as they died in childhood - but one born abt 1774, maybe. Father Jonas Fry, mother Grace Boon.

floramaggie

Hi Francis MAry. Do you know if this Charles had a son Daniel Curtis? Where was he born? Thanks. Pam

frances mary

Hi Francis MAry. Do you know if this Charles had a son Daniel Curtis? Where was he born? Thanks. Pam
    Sorry can't tell you much about the Charles in my tree, except that he was born in Chedzoy Somerset. From my research there were three Fry families in the area - no doubt linked further back, as most of the early ones were farmers.

I haven't checked the 1841 census for Charles, as my line comes from his brother George. Indeed from the number of Fry's in the area - going back into the 14th and 15th century at least, it may not be your one. However Charles does seem to be one of the family names, as George named two of his sons Charles - they appear to have died in Childhood.

Have you tried the census information on Ancestor.com. because they show the birth area of individuals?

floramaggie

Thanks Francis Mary. My Charles was supposedly a butcher[according to the marriage certificate of his son] if you happen to come across him. It possible he had brothers named William and Peter. Cheers. Flora

frances mary

I got to do some more work on the Fry family - after I finished some work on two other lines and if I find any further information about the Charles in my Tree or any other Charles Fry from that period I'll let you know.

I did a quick look up on the 1841 census - and there was a Charles Fry born Bawtrip, Somerset living or staying in Bath at the time of the census age 55, with a Robert Fry age 65. Dunno if this is the right one for you - or indeed mine.

floramaggie

Thanks for your help. They are pretty toughnuts to crack, this family

kiwipom

Quote Originally Posted by floramaggie View Post
    There is a Daniel FRY baptised at St Swithin Walcot on 26 Apr 1807 parents Charles and Elizabeth FRY but I can't find any Chedzoy records on FreeReg to identify any
    Charles/Elizabeth Marriages. did they marry in Bath?

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast