Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    John Nicholas

Pam,

One of the best summaries of what is available for Somerset is Ian Sage's website:
    https://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ian.sage/PR/pr_index.html

Apart from FreeREG, you might want to join the Bath Forum Group on: https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/bat...d/messages?o=1
    and/or other groups run for the Somerset Hundreds.

John

floramaggie

Smile

Thank you Tony. I dont know if Charles and Elizabeth were married in BAth but I have found a possible candidate for Elizabeth Moody baptism at Bath and I think Charles was born in Wiltshire, so I am presuming that they married in BAth. I will look at the websites you sent later. Cheers

MythicalMarian

Hi Floramaggie - there's no connection to Quakers here, is there? This is a huge Quaker surname. Of course I realise there must have been many non-Quaker Fry folk, but it might be worth a tiny look if you're not finding you folk in PRs.

floramaggie

Hi. I dont think so. I havnt seen any evidence of quakers. You never know though. How would I get their records. Cheers

kiwipom

There is a Charles and Elizabeth FRY at Weymouth Street, Walcot in the 1841 census.
    Charles is 70, so born about 1770, Elizabeth is 65
    Both are Born in County

Ref is HO/107/970/2

floramaggie

Thank you Kiwipom. I dont know how far Walcot is from Bath. Charles was a butcher according to his sons marriage certificate. does 1841 census give occupation?
    Cheers

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by floramaggie View Post
    I dont know how far Walcot is from Bath.
    It's the kind of distance you'd measure in yards or metres rather than anything bigger It's just north of the city centre and is part of the modern city, but at one time it was a separate entity. You can find Weymouth Street on a modern map under Bath rather than Walcot - it's just off London Road.

Arthur

floramaggie

Talking

Wow. Thanks Arthur. I had conjoured up miles in my mind. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12