jen wilson

Question Howe family - Brightlingsea area

Just re-registering my interests in Essex. I should love to hear from anyone connected to, or with information on, the following people:-

i) Benjamin Howe born Tollesbury 1814, Married to Thirza French in Brightlingsea.

ii) Benjamin Howe - 1837, Brightlingsea, married Ermina Cant

iii) Benjamin Taylor Howe - 1863, Brightlingsea
    iii) Clarence Samuel Howe - 1865 " " married Catherine Shaw
    iii) Arthur Frederick Howe - 1869 " "
    iii) Harry Howe - 1871 ""
    iii) Percival Howe - 1873 " "
    iii) Lily Howe - 1877 " "
    iii) Ermina ( Minnie) Howe - 1867 " "
    iii) Eva Blanche Howe - 1881 " "

ii) Robert Howe - 1842 " "
    ii)Thirza Howe - 1847 " "
    ii) George Howe - 1852 " "

Some of the dates are guesswork, based on census returns.

Also interested in a Benjamin Howe who married Mary Turner in Tillingham, 1783. I feel he might be one of mine!

Thanks,

Jen

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi I am Peter Howe,
    My Father was born in Brightlingsea to Jack and Vera Howe. Jack had a Brother called Nass' (known as Uncle Nass) I believe he lived in the Southampton area, as I know there is a branch of the Howe Family there. I believe I read on another website of your interest in the family, ref All Saints Church, (on the outskirts of town) and of other churches in the town. My Father was Methodist, so I assume his parents were, All saints church has the only graveyard in the town, and the Rev Pertwee was the minister around 1900's Not sure any of this will help, but happy to reply.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Peter,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Jen is no longer a member of the BG forum, so I thought it best to remove your personal details from your post. (Although people do post a lot of personal stuff on sites such as Facebook and Twitter, BG's T&Cs do not allow details of living people so under the circumstances I made a 'managerial decision'. )

Hopefully another nember of the Howe family will see your post in a slightly shorter time than you saw Jen's and will be able to link to you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”