Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackson Family

Famous for offering help & advice

Hello Martin
    You may have this information.
    Some poss details re the Catherine Ashton who married Thomas Jackson.
    Lancs opc have a marriage nov 1799 Holy Trinity Liverpool, John Ashton, mariner and Catherine Corlett. Witness Thomas Corlett.
    And a burial of child age 4 , John Corlett Ashton in 1810, St Mary's Walton on the hill. Son of John and Catherine Ashton. Mother's father Thomas Corlett.
    Cannot see John Ashton senior's burial - perhaps he died at sea or abroad.

Lancaster Gazette and general advertiser, March 19th 1808
    On 28th ult at Cove of Cork, in the 34th year of his life, Capt John Ashton of the ship William Shand of Liverpool

Hi Grisel,

Thank you for this information. I am particularly interested in taking back the direct Jackson line ie birth and other details of Thomas Jackson, father of Thomas Corlett Jackson, Rhoda Catherine Jackson and George Christian Jackson. Do you know anything about that?

Regards,

Martin Jackson

Hey Martin,

I might be able to help you, my family is also Jackson from Liverpool. My grandad was Rodney Jackson who told me he had a grandad called Thomas Jackson. I’m currently doing my own research but unfortunately loss of older family connections is proving difficult!

Hi Sean,
    o
    I have quite a lot of info on my Jackson ancestors. There are a few Thomases amongst them. If you are interested, email me at tramjay AT iafrica DOT com and we can exchange information.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 31-03-2021 at 5:53 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12