IvorClucas

Default CRUDGE and OXENHAM in Bampton

Hi,

Is anyone researching the above surnames in Bampton in the 1700s. They have just cropped up in my FT research and was wondering if others are looking at similar names.

Cheers

Ivor

genfind

Default Oxenhams !

Hi - My wife is 11th in line of direct descendancy to Roger OXENHAM b1670 in Bampton
    We have most of the OXENHAM family tree from 1670 right up to almost present day and we have even made contact with one or two LIVING Oxenhams so if I can be of any help just ask.Would love to know which ones you have and what info you have on them.
    Get in touch you really are in for a treat if you are researching the OXENHAM line !!
    Best wishes
    Jason
    genfind(AT)aol.com

Default OXENHAM

Quote Originally Posted by IvorClucas View Post
    Hi,

Is anyone researching the above surnames in Bampton in the 1700s.
    Cheers

Ivor
    I'm researching the name OXENHAM and have arrived at a JOHN OXENHAM born in Oakford, Nr Bampton around the late 1780s. There is an IGI entry but it is not an extract from the Parish records. He appears in the 1841 Census (age 50 - to the nearest 5yrs for adults?) and the 1851 Census states his age as 63.
    He moved to Taunton at the start of the 1800s and a number of children came along from about 1818 onwards, all recorded as born in Taunton. I have unconfirmed information about a possible 2 marriages (1st -name unknown, 2nd -Jane Garland who died around 1835?) but not where the marriages took place - Oakford/Bampton or, (more likely regarding Jane Garland, Taunton.
    Visits to the Devon and Somerset offices are planned but if you have anything on this gentleman from the Bampton records it would be more than welcome.

Default OXENHAM

Quote Originally Posted by genfind View Post
    -
    Get in touch you really are in for a treat if you are researching the OXENHAM line !!
    Best wishes
    Jason
    genfind(AT)aol.com
    I'm researching the surname Oxenham, the Welsh branch. I have arrived at John Oxenham, born Oakford/Bampton around the late 1780s. He became a Solicitor/Attorney in Taunton about 1808 eventually fetching up in Llandilo, Carmarthenshire, where he died in 1859.
    I have quite a lot of info on the Welsh line- John's son Thomas moved to Llandilo and fathered 15 children. Trust you can help.

IvorClucas

Hi Jason and Helachau,

My Oxenham is Mary OXENHAM born circa 1758 who married James CRUDGE (born circa 1757) in Bampton on 13 August 1779. They had a series of CRUDGE kids including my 3 x great grand mother Jenny/Jane CRUDGE.

If either of you have come across Mary in you researches it would be great to hear from you,

Cheers

Ivor

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jason,

We are researching my husbands family which has a number of Oxenham's in the Bampton area, would love to share information although it sounds likely you may have more extensive information as ours becomes sketchy going back any further than 1720's 4 siblings Thomas, Ann, John and Mary born to parents we believe John Oxenham and possibly Dorothy Sydenham any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bern