Thread: Problems in NZ

JanM

Default Problems in NZ

Since Christmas weekend, my ISP (Paradise) has been jammed, they are processing some 250million (!) emails. A company spokesman has said that on average about 60% of emails through their system is spam. NZ-source traffic seems to be coming through OK, but nothing at all from overseas, so if you are wondering why you haven't heard from NZ, maybe that's the reason.
    Cheers

Rod Neep

I predict that 2006 will be the year that email through the internet will reach the stage of being unusable.

The more blocks that are put in the way of spam and virus mail, the less that real emails will get through.
    It is already a non-efficient method of communication.

Rod

JanM

Unhappy

Sorry folks, I'm not too techno, you probably can tell that, but how can you send emails without going through the internet? The whole subject has been made all the more interesting because a friend's ISP has recently designated me a spammer: I send probably a max. of 10 emails a week (I think my email address must be similar to someone else's.)

Rod Neep

We would send emails in precisely the same way that we did before the Internet existed.

Rod
    (and yes, I have been around computer communications much longer than the Internet)

Clive Blackaby

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Neep
    We would send emails in precisely the same way that we did before the Internet existed.

Rod
    (and yes, I have been around computer communications much longer than the Internet)
    But won't the fire brigade get upset if you start lighting bonfires on top of the cathedral again