Thumbs up Does anyone have access to Kent Records

I am hoping someone has access to records in Kent for the following please. I have found a record for a marriage between a William Gorringe and an Ann Jewhurst on 16th December 1794 in Tonbridge. I am therefore looking for the births of any children to the couple in the same area?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thank You,

Carol

With surnames that unusual, you could do a preliminary check on FamilySearch. It’ll give you names, date, place and one or both parental names, plus where they found the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    With surnames that unusual, you could do a preliminary check on FamilySearch. It’ll give you names, date, place and one or both parental names, plus where they found the record.
    HI Lesley, Thanks for your reply. I have looked at Family Search which is where I found the marriage, but there appears to be no other records for the couple??
    Carol

Did you try just the father’s full name plus the mother’s forename?

All I have found thus far is that the witnesses to the Banns on that marriage were William Jeffrey and Nathan Davy. Not a lot of help unless they were all living on a local farm, probably. The Church was Sts Peter & Paul.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I had a look on FMP which has Kent PR transcriptions only, and couldn't easily see any baptisms of children for William and Elizabeth, nor could I find baptism or burials for them in Kent.

List of Kent parishes on FMP. Note that although it might say baptisms 1583-1900, the register for 1787-1800 might be missing. https://www.
    findmypast.co.uk/articles/world-records/full-list-of-united-kingdom-records/life-events-bmds/kent-parish-lists

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”