Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default birth and emigration

Hi all, here is a new challenge:

In 1952 a family member went from Antwerp to Montreal (oct. 9)but she travelled once back to the UK where she came from originally. She also married in UK and when the couple left for Canada there were 3 persons on the passenger list which suggests they brought a child.
    Know the name of that son but cannot find him anywhere, also Canadian sites do not mention him.

Name woman: Kathleen Mary Manheim nee Burrows
    Born Romford UK July 11, 1911 of Henry Burrows and Julia Elizabeth Crewdson
    Name husband Jacques/Jack Manheim
    Born Amsterdam december 30, 1910
    He died in Seattle 2000, Kathleen died there 1967
    Married in Tendring may 1, 1937

In one of the other forums this was stated:
    Kathleen may well have left for Canada in 1952 but she returned to U.K. on August 2nd 1957 and then travelled back to Canada on September 11th 1957.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...050#post697050

But what is puzzling: there should be a son Michael Robert Manheim, cannot find him on any site when and where he was born (not on FreeBMD, Family Search etc)

So all of your help to find him is appreciated, considering the Amsterdam archives and ithers the son probaly is born in the UK since there were 3 persons to got to Canada.

If you can help, please remember our rule (as per T&C) that details about (potentially) living people can not be posted on the open forum. You can provide help via the Private Message (PM) system.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

What are the names on the 1952 emigration document in Amsterdam, and does it give ages, and also relationships? Michael could have been a nephew of Jacques/Jack.
    I assume that you've checked Dutch birth records for Michael.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    What are the names on the 1952 emigration document in Amsterdam, and does it give ages, and also relationships? Michael could have been a nephew of Jacques/Jack.
    I assume that you've checked Dutch birth records for Michael.
    Dear Pam

The 1952 list only gives the name of the head Jack Manheim, others are not mentioned only the sponsr name and destination Sexsmith in Canada, where I asked and nobody knows this family.
    Could not find him in any Dutch records, the Canadians told me if this was a son he was born in UK after their marriage in 1937. Too bad that ships list only gives name of Jaqcues/Jack Manheim.
    Have a nice weekend, Paul

Super Moderator

I thought that if three people were emigrating, then all three names would be on the documents. Are you looking at actual emigration documents? What was on the manifest when the family originally emigrated from Antwerp to Montreal? It should give an address , names and ages of ALL people, including any children. It would probably also say if they were British or Dutch etc.

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    I thought that if three people were emigrating, then all three names would be on the documents. Are you looking at actual emigration documents? What was on the manifest when the family originally emigrated from Antwerp to Montreal? It should give an address , names and ages of ALL people, including any children. It would probably also say if they were British or Dutch etc.
    Dear Sue

Too bad I cannot copy that list in here: only Manheim J. is mentioned, 3 persons in total, sponsor South Peace Publication Ltd and Sexsmith, ALTA as destination.
    So no birthdates, other names etc.
    Sputh Peace have searched for but all that is linked do not know this company.

It was the ship Prins Johan Willem Friso Antwerp to Montreal ocotober 9,1952.

Have a good weekend, Paul

Super Moderator

Sexsmith "The Peace Country" Located in the Peace River Country so I suspect that is where the name of the South Peace Publication Ltd. came from. In 2005 it had a population of 2771 people. Must have been a very small place in 1952. You may be able to get information from the library in Sexsmith. It is called the Shannon Library. They may have archives which might just show who lived there in 1952/53. They may also be able to give info. on the South Peace Publication Ltd.

Super Moderator

I have emailed the library at Sexsmith. Will give you anything I receive them them

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    I have emailed the library at Sexsmith. Will give you anything I receive them them
    Dear Sue, thanks very much for your kind effort, will see what happens. Have contacted a few sources there, not this one and cam up empty.
    Strange though is: I discovered at site Ellis Island that Jack Manheim entered the US 1954 on a ship called I Love....I see a Kathleen Burrows(maiden name)also in 1954 but different ship

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Dear Sue, thanks very much for your kind effort, will see what happens. Have contacted a few sources there, not this one and cam up empty.
    Strange though is: I discovered at site Ellis Island that Jack Manheim entered the US 1954 on a ship called I Love....I see a Kathleen Burrows(maiden name)also in 1954 but different ship
    Not sure what's going on, but if you look at the image attached to that record it refers to a Pan American Airways flight from Bermuda to Idlewild airport, New York on 21 June 1954. Also listed with Jack is Nanette L Manheim. So I don't think it's your Jack.

Also, why would Kathleen be using her maiden name of Burrows in 1954? Her passport would surely be in her married name of Manheim. That Kathleen M Burrows record in 1954 refers to a Pan-Am flight from Paris to New York on 27 August 1954.

You can look at the images for free. Just click on the image and then scroll down the page.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast