Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default And the winner is....

The winner of the competition is michaelpipe and his requested new sticky is here.

Congratulations Michael. I think you said you had entered early because you were going on holiday. Please PM Bo Peep as soon as you get back with your postal address, and let her know whether you would like England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales.

Thanks to all who entered.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Many congratulations Michael. Great idea.
    Though you could have expanded your sticky idea to include similar stickies in other countries. Unless google or multimap are the only options for those overseas places.
    I sometimes want to find where an overseas place is, and find I usually have to resort to typing the placename into google, and then looking at the town's website - which is mainly less than helpful in giving me the answer I want.
    Pam

ah but this forum is about British genealogy so any other country would have to come under bonus info and only if there is server space
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Knowledgeable and helpful

well done Michaelpipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Many congratulations Michael. Great idea.
    Though you could have expanded your sticky idea to include similar stickies in other countries. Unless google or multimap are the only options for those overseas places.
    I sometimes want to find where an overseas place is, and find I usually have to resort to typing the placename into google, and then looking at the town's website - which is mainly less than helpful in giving me the answer I want.
    Pam
    I'm always willing to help look in the nooks & crannies of the internet...
    Browneyes

ET in the USA

Congrats Michael, a great idea & one that helps our sponser too by pointing out what they have available.

We flew home from Heathrow yesterday - so I'm once again

ET in th USA

Jan1954

Default Congratulations, Michael!

Yippee!

Well done, 6th cousin 14 times removed - or whatever our relationship is.....

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Well done - and a great idea ...!!
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    ah but this forum is about British genealogy so any other country would have to come under bonus info and only if there is server space
    Fair point, Ladykis, but I was thinking more in terms of the fact that some of our British ancestors and their siblings did emigrate, and that if there was, say a NZ equivalent of streetmap, it could prove a very useful link. Though, reversely (for want of a better word!) I suppose we're lucky just to find that person x emigrated on ship y, and finding them in BMDs in Australia and New Zealand or the census in the US and Canada is like the cherry on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    well done Michaelpipe.
    I'm always willing to help look in the nooks & crannies of the internet...
    Thank you Browneyes. I know you always help if you can.
    Pam

Knowledgeable and helpful

Erm..I had to look re street maps. guess I can't resist a challenge.
    Pam, I shall have a look for good street maps for other countries and if they've not been posted already will do. (will post NZ one in a mo)
    Browneyes

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Fair point, Ladykis, but I was thinking more in terms of the fact that some of our British ancestors and their siblings did emigrate, and that if there was, say a NZ equivalent of streetmap, it could prove a very useful link. Though, reversely (for want of a better word!) I suppose we're lucky just to find that person x emigrated on ship y, and finding them in BMDs in Australia and New Zealand or the census in the US and Canada is like the cherry on the cake.
    Mind you, if you have ancestors who emigrated hither, thither and yon, this little book could also come in handy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast