PDA

View Full Version : Chatting Family Battersea, Wimbledon

arnieblaggard
25-11-2005, 1:17 PM
Looking for some information on the Chatting family from Battersea (Francis Street & 45 Patience Road). Frederick Chatting (b1870) married Florence Picking (b1873) and had a son Albert Chatting who died in the first world war. I have traced the family back to John Chatting (b1788) Wandsworth and his wife Anne Leppard (b1794) Merton. I also know that the family were 16th Century lacemaers from France (Huegonots) and there French surname was (what I can make out) De Cochon or something like that but pronounced in dictionary language (Dee-Ko-Shone), so it could be spelt many ways.

davidchatting
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi - I have traced my Chattting line back to John (born c1744) in Wandsworth and he is said to be a grandson of the Huguenots.

My webpage has more details:
http://homepage.mac.com/dave_chatting/ChattingFamily/

I haven't been actively researching this for a few years now, but I'd be very happy to share any information.

Kind Regards,
David

arnieblaggard
15-06-2006, 2:26 AM
I have looked at your site Dave and believe that we are distantly related through the Chatting line. I have found John Chatting's will dated 1837 and it is noted that he lived at South Ville (Lambeth) & Putney and was living with his sister Charlotte in 1841, He was aged 70 and she was 60. I believe that these were the son & daughter of John & Mary (Dicker) Chatting. In the will he talks about his daughter Elizabeth, her husband John Dormer and his sons James, William & John, he doesn't mention any wife. Incidentally my great great grandfather is John William Chatting (b1826) who married Ann Elizabeth Thorpe and resided at Bournes Place, Battersea.
Best Wishes
Tim

PS If you need any census copies or other info please contact me;

Email: tim-arnold AT lineone DOT net

barb26
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Hello, I have just seen your post and wondered if you are still looking for Chatting relations. My great great grandparents were John William Chatting (B1826) & Ann Elizabeth Thorpe. I would love to know what the will of John Chatting dated 1837 says. I believe his wife was called Hannah but that is all I know. I would love to know which line you follow. My grandmother's father was John William Chatting born 1855. His wife was Ann Ellen Moore. If I can be of any help please get in touch.

Kind regards

Barbara

debbie.chatting
11-07-2009, 7:59 PM
Hello distant relatives... I was just browsing the web and found this site to my great interest.

I was in London yesterday and was taken by a colleague to see the imposing Hugeunot houses near Spitalfields and was tempted to go south to Wandsworth, but ran out of time.

I would love to have a chat about our histories. I live in Bristol and have two sons and a daughter. Boys called Jonathan and William, daughter Chloe. My father was Thomas (Tim) William Chatting and my brother is John Chatting, in the States.

davidchatting
08-09-2009, 5:10 PM
Hi Debbie & Barbara - and Tim again,

I've just refound this thread - it's four years since the original message!

Yes, it would be good to tie all this together - I have a bit of time to help with that at the moment if others are interested

Regards,
Dave