PDA

View Full Version : 1841 Census Camberwell, Finsbury and Clerkenwell

Andy Claxton
20-11-2005, 3:45 PM
Hello all,

I am new to this forum which I found when searching for a Middlesex 1841 Census. As my roots appear to come via the locations in the heading I hope that the 'partial' district sets on Archives Books web site will be available in due course. I also understand there is currently no index available for Middlesex.

I am looking for details of a Mary Ann CLARK(E) born abt 1838. Depending on which Census, either Clerkenwell in the 1851 (a 14 year old servant at 62 Shaftsbury St, Shoreditch) or Finsbury in the 1861 (a 23 year old servant in Gravesend). By the 1871 she was from Camberwell.

Her marriage certificate of 1861 shows her farther as "William (Deceased) a Baker". The 1851 Commercial Directory has two William CLARKs, baker. One at 110 Wapping (I assume High Street?) and 13 Leigh Street, Red Lion Square. There is also a William CLARK, baker, in the 1851 Census at 5 Ironmonger Street.

I would be grateful if SKS with access to the 1841 Census could check to see if there was a Mary CLARK residing at the above addresses. Hopefully when I, with help, have managed to locate the whereabouts of the family in 1841 I can reduce the number of birth certificates I need to order before hitting on the right one. There are 22 possible - I have ordered two both wrong.

Also researching

SURNAME CHRISTIAN NAME Date of Birth PARENTS Area

MORELLI Alfred Philip 12 August 1835 Charles Francis Hoxton
Mary Ann (BLAND)

MACHIN Sarah Ester 6 April 1837 Ezra Finsbury
Ann Sarah (DUNELL)

Regards

Andy Claxton