PDA

View Full Version : info on BULLETT - Beyton / Hessett

sbullett
16-11-2005, 7:01 PM
Hi

I'm looking for information on the Bullett's of Beyton and Hessett, near Bury St Edmunds. Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Simon

JWheeler
13-01-2009, 8:35 PM
I have just come across your enquiry which fits in with mine. I am trying to find out about a Dorothy Catherine Bullett, born in Hessett in1901. She married my father in Yorkshire in 1927 But very sadly died in childbirth in1929 in a Sheffield Hospital. I am the only son from his second, very happy, marriage.

No one ever mentioned Dorothy & in my retirement I have become intrigued by her. I would be interested if you have any information on her childhood & years before 1927. I have details of her parents & two siblings. If you can add anything I would be very grateful.

I am not the most computer literate person but I can see no means of attaching an attachment. If you are interested in what I have found out about her I can send you the information

Thank you in anticipation.
John Wheeler

Jan1954
13-01-2009, 8:39 PM
Hello John,

Thank you for your post to Simon. However, he has not been on the forum since January 2006 and may not see your post.

Hopefully, he will have email notifications enabled, which may bring him back. :)

sbullett
14-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Hello John

Thanks for your message, as Jan1954 guessed I do have e-mail notifications switched on and managed to find my log-in details after a bit of searching!

I managed to find a lot of information about the Bulletts after I'd posted, mainly from this website (http://www.linleyfh.com/oursecondsite-p/surname_index.htm) run by Linley Hooper, a genealogist from Australia. Her Bullett relatives left Suffolk for Australia in the mid-1800's. The information she has gathered on the Bulletts goes back to around 1615 - a very long line of agricultural labourers! The Bullett name originated in the area around Hessett but I've never managed to find a good explanation for it's derivation, although possibly French?

Unfortunately I don't have any details for your Dorothy as my branch of the Bullett's left Suffolk for Surrey in about 1860-1865. However you mention that you have her parent's details so I may be able to link to them. If you want to e-mail me directly on [email protected] I'll be happy to have a look at the information I have to see if I can link in with Dorothy's line.

I'm doubly interested to get your post as, although I was born in Suffolk, I have lived in Yorkshire for 18 years and was surprised when we moved here to find that there are several other Bullett families in Huddersfield (there were none in Sheffield or Doncaster). There was only one family of Bullett's in Yorkshire in the 1901 census (near Halifax) so I have always been interested to find out when the Huddersfield families arrived.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can throw some light on your father's first wife.

Regards

Simon