PDA

View Full Version : Smalldridge/Smallridge in Ugborough

ann.smalldridge
15-11-2005, 8:22 PM
I'm starting on this addictive interest and have discovered that many of my family come from Ugborough. The surname is now Smalldridge but appears to have been Smallridge in previous generations. If anyone has any information I'd really appreciate contact.
Thanks.

Wirral
07-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi Ann
Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid once genealogy has you hooked, then you are done for!
Do you have the birth & marriage certificates for your family? If not, then it is best to get them as you go. They have lots of information that can help you.

Do you have your family in the censuses 1841 - 1901? There are 34 living in Ugborough in 1841. Most have the surname spelled Smaldridge. One family in Ivy Bridge, Ugborough has the spelling Smalldridge. Most seem to be "ag labs".

No personal connection with Devon, just time on my hands. :)

sandra4711
18-06-2006, 8:59 PM
I'm starting on this addictive interest and have discovered that many of my family come from Ugborough. The surname is now Smalldridge but appears to have been Smallridge in previous generations. If anyone has any information I'd really appreciate contact.
Thanks.

I believe that the name is further changed to Smaridge. In tracing my family name, I have found mis-spellings along the way, and versions that come up are Smarridge, Smalridge and Smallridge. There are many generations of Smaridge from Diptford, North Huish, harberton, Ugborough. They also moved to Paignton, Plymouth, Salcombe and even to Liverpool in the mid 1800's

Alick Lavers
29-03-2008, 4:43 PM
Ann, my grandfather's brother married Emily Mary SMALLRIDGE in Ugborough 1898. I have her family back to Robert SMALLRIDGE and Judith BROOKING. Would you like details?

Alick

Raaa
30-03-2008, 6:30 AM
http://www.geocities.com/kevin1brownuk/ug2.html u might find this site interesting if u find u have relations buried here im happy to look for u its very near to me i took some photos for a lady in the states last year on my digital camera then emailed them to her raa