PDA

View Full Version : JUGGINS - Northampton

vitalite
14-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Just sharing my surname interest in Northampton.

Joseph Juggins b 1823 originally came from Oxford, and moved to Northampton c1844. His son John (b 1846) married Mary Longland and went on to have 9 children between 1868 and 1887, all born in Northampton.

I have yet to make contact with anybody researching Juggins from Northampton, so if anybody has a connection, please get in touch.

Tina

Michael Judkins
06-01-2010, 4:06 PM
Hello, Have just joined this site and found your msg.
I am lead to believe the Juggins is another name for Judkins.
I know your msg was over 4 years ago, but I have just started tracing Judkins and the origin is Northampton.
Hope this helps

vitalite
13-01-2010, 5:22 PM
Hi

Thanks for your message. I've traced my Juggins back to Oxfordshire and no sign of a Judkins yet - good luck with your research.

Tina

davyr
14-01-2010, 9:37 AM
I was just reminded of the old musichall song "Billy Muggins", which my father-in-law often used to (attempt to) sing. This began:

"I'm Billy Muggins, commonly known as the juggins.
I'm silly Billy, and that's what my friends call me.
My landlord asked me to go out for a drink.
I told him, "No, thank you. I'll stay home, I think."
I'm Muggins, the juggins,
And Muggins I'll always be."

No offence meant to Jugginses everywhere, I'm sure! :-)

troggy
16-01-2010, 3:22 PM
Tina I had a friend called Juggins b about 1939, we lived in a small village called Mill Bank near Sowerby Bridge in West Yorkshire. The Juggins family emigrated to Australia around 1950 and I lost touch with them. Could they be connected to your Northampton people? trogggy

Robyne
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I am replying to the friend in millbank, juggins 1939, if this is the same person. Would it be Glenys Juggins and if so this would be my Mother.
Robyne

ivan159
28-11-2013, 9:14 AM
I am replying to the friend in millbank, juggins 1939, if this is the same person. Would it be Glenys Juggins and if so this would be my Mother.
Robyne

i know its a few years since your post but are you related to keneth juggins in nz he is my pop and is from millbank originally