PDA

View Full Version : Elianor Turner and John Brownrigg

norfolk white
10-11-2005, 8:29 PM
Elianor Turner (Born1753 and buried 8 Feb 1821 at Whitbeck) married John Brownrigg (Born Annaside and christened 5 Nov 1746 at Whitbeck and buried 25 Sept 1820 at Whitbeck) on 25 April 1774 at Whitbeck.

1) The LDS Church's I.G.I. has an ELEANOR Turner born 2 February, 1752, daughter of George Turner, of Kirk Andrews Upon Esk, and 2) there is an 1821 Copeland Will for Eleanor Brownrigg of Whitbeck, Annaside Parish.

Does anyone know if these relate to my Elianor Turner although there is a difference in spelling between my Elianor and the other two Eleanors?

Also, does anyone have any further info on her parents/siblins and where she was born?

Thanks for any help given,

Ivor

Geoff Everitt
15-11-2005, 3:51 PM
The "Elianor born 1753" may be something which has been made up to fit other facts i.e. the burial. Or it may be based on what is in the marriage register; however, in that case, Whitbeck would be the place that she was living, NOT her place of birth. If the marriage register said she married "by her own consent" (as opposed to "by parents consent"), this would imply an age of at least 21, which would take her back to at least 1753.

Note that on the IGI there is also an alleged marriage of Eleanor TURNER to Richard GRAHAM on 10 MAR 1778 Kirk Andrews Upon Esk, so it may be difficult to say that she had also married John BROWNRIGG in 1774 in Whitbeck.