PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Tyson & John Brownrigg

norfolk white
10-11-2005, 8:18 PM
Sarah Tyson (1793 to 1848) married John Brownrigg (born abt 1775 at Annaisde, Whitbeck, - burried 16 Oct 1849 at Whitbeck) at the age of 18, the married at Broughton in Furness.

I have no further info on Sarah so if anyone has anything regarding parents and siblings, where she was born, etc. I'd be most gratefull.

Regards,

Ivor

norfolk white
28-06-2008, 8:30 AM
Just to bring this back to the top incase some haven'e seen the thread that might be able to help.

thanks,

Ivor

Fiona67
09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Ivor, I guess you have seen this......Regards Fiona

Matthew BROWNRIGG
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 01 FEB 1829 Of Annaside, Whitbeck, Cumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: John BROWNRIGG
Mother: Sarah TYSON

Marriages:
Spouse: Eleanor BEECH
Marriage: 19 SEP 1850 Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Fiona67
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Could either of these be her? I found them on the IGI
Regards
Fiona

SARAH TYSON
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 10 MAY 1793 Eskdale, Cumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: EDWARD TYSON
Mother: MARY

Sarah Tyson
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: NOV 1793 Eskdale, Cumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: John Tyson
Mother: Ann Coward

Fiona67
09-07-2008, 11:09 PM
The 1841 Census says that she was born in Whitbeck.......Fiona

Name: Sarah Brownrigg
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1801
Where born: Cumberland, England

Civil Parish: Whitbeck
Hundred: Allerdale above Derwent
County/Island: Cumberland

Street address: Annaside

Registration district: Bootle
Sub registration district: Bootle
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Eleanor Brownrigg 17
Hannah Brownrigg 1
James Brownrigg 14
John Brownrigg 65
John Brownrigg 24
Josuha Brownrigg 4
Matthew Brownrigg 12
Richard Brownrigg 10
Sarah Brownrigg 40
Sarah Brownrigg 8
Turner Brownrigg 6
William Brownrigg 21

norfolk white
11-07-2008, 9:24 AM
Fiona,

Thanks for these, whilst I have already most of that info, I did not have the info you provided from the IGI, so that gives me something to be working on. Again, thank you.

As for Matthew Brownrigg and Eleanor Beech, the emigrated to Australia and arrived in Melbourne, Australia, 26 October, 1852, on the ship 'Chance' having left Liverpool on 24 July 1852. The shipping list for 'The Chance' states that Matthew could both read and write. When he left England, Matthew's occupation was 'Police Officer', this was shown
on his Marriage Certificate, however, on his Death Certificate it states that he was a 'Storeman'. There are over 200 of his line over there now.

Ivor

Fiona67
13-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi Ivor
Do you have details of the Australian lines.......I have Vic bdm discs and am happy to search for you if necessary

Fiona

norfolk white
14-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Fiona,
Thanks for your kind offer but I have a relative down under (who I never knew about until he answered and advert I put in one of the family history magazines) who is a direct decendant of Matthew & Eleanor and he has been providing me with lots of info.

Thanks again,

Ivor

Wee Annie
30-07-2008, 1:56 PM
Sarah Tyson (1793 to 1848) married John Brownrigg (born abt 1775 at Annaisde, Whitbeck, - burried 16 Oct 1849 at Whitbeck) at the age of 18, the married at Broughton in Furness.

I have no further info on Sarah so if anyone has anything regarding parents and siblings, where she was born, etc. I'd be most gratefull.

Regards,

Ivor

Hello Ivor ,
Annie again,
I have Sarah Tyson b 1823 sister to my Jane b 1827. Father John b 1788 first wife Jane ? second wife Mary b 1806 Sarah and Jane from second marriage. The father John had a sister Sarah b 1793 She had 4 siblings. Father Edward Mother Mary Brunton. Edward had 4 siblings too. His father was a Thomas Tyson all from Thorns, Eskdale .
Any help
Annie

norfolk white
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Annie,

Thank you for this info. It does sound promising but I will have to do a little more research to check that my Sarah and John's sister are one and the same.

Thanks again,

Ivor

Wee Annie
02-08-2008, 7:21 PM
Hi Ivor,
I have just started looking into this side of the family and my info is scarce.
my wee heart leapt when I saw Tyson. It is my husbands middle name. We had no nfo on any of his side at all. Even his parents marriage was in the wrong time frame. Typical.
Rehards
Annie

Heather
24-08-2008, 3:52 PM
Annie,

Thank you for this info. It does sound promising but I will have to do a little more research to check that my Sarah and John's sister are one and the same.

Thanks again,

Ivor

Hi Ivor.....

I will forward your information to Ann Brownrigg who gathers all of the Brownrigg info from all over the world. Her direct ancestors are in Cumberland, but I have found them for her in both Jamaica, West Indies and in Prince Edward Island, Canada (where my ancestors landed from CUL).....

Off to a wedding, but I will write her tomorrow.

Cheers.....Heather
List Admin

Heather
17-09-2008, 6:35 PM
Hi Ivor.....

I will forward your information to Ann Brownrigg who gathers all of the Brownrigg info from all over the world. Her direct ancestors are in Cumberland, but I have found them for her in both Jamaica, West Indies and in Prince Edward Island, Canada (where my ancestors landed from CUL).....

Off to a wedding, but I will write her tomorrow.

Cheers.....Heather
List Admin

Hi Ivor.....sorry I haven't been able to get back to you with this, but Ann had to go to the US due to a relative being quite ill and I know her genealogy notes are all back in Latin America. I will be talking to her soon, I hope. :)

Cheers....Heather
List Admin

spanish senora
23-09-2008, 7:10 PM
hello

Does anybody on these threads know anything about Nicholas Tyson b circa 1841 married an Esther Crosthwaite circa 1866 just a thought!!!

norfolk white
26-09-2008, 10:33 AM
hello

Does anybody on these threads know anything about Nicholas Tyson b circa 1841 married an Esther Crosthwaite circa 1866 just a thought!!!

Sorry, no one by those names in my tree, all the best in your search though.