PDA

View Full Version : BMD's Bellaghy, County Londonderry

10-11-2005, 12:23 AM
I am looking for help with my Dad's side of our family tree. Most of his siblings were born at Ballymacombs, Bellaghy, County Londonderry. They were all Scullions - David (my Dad) & his twin William (Bill), & brothers/sisters Anne (Annie), Robert, James, John, Thomas (Tom, now Scullin, based Australia), Daniel (Danny), & Martha, plus at least one more who died in childhood I think (maybe Samuel? Sammy?). My Dad David (Davy) & his twin were the eldest of the bunch, born in 1920 (11th November). The others I am not too sure on some of their ages. Their parents were, I believe Daniel Scullion & Martha Clark, also both originating local to Bellaghy I think. I know that Martha Clark had at least one, much younger, sister -Annie, & Martha died 04/11/1970, but that's all I know. Can anyone help me to find out any more about these & previous generations of Scullions/Clarks? I am told by my Mum that some of them were previously Scullins. My side of the family is now based in England so I cannot visit records office(s) or view gravestones or anything myself. Would be really pleased if anyone can help with this or point me in the direction of any online resources, as I haven't a clue where to start!!! Hopefully, Ann
UPDATED BIT:Okay, I now find from my cousin that her Dad told her before he died in 1997 the details of my Grandparents/great grandparents.
They were Grandmother - Martha Clark with sisters Mary, Jeannie (later Mc.Carroll), Hessie (later Mc.Illwaine), Sarah Anne (later Mc. Fadden)
Grandfather Daniel Scullion, with brothers David, James, John & sisters Mary (later Mawhinney) & Margaret (later Kennedy). Margaret definitely had a daughter Annie.
Great-grandparents paternal- Daniel Scullion(or Scullin) & Elizabeth Mc.Clenaghan who lived at Ballyscullion Townland, Lough Beg.
Great-grandparents maternal- William & Anne Clark, Newferry Road, Sandymount.
As this is purely anecdotal evidence I have no dates to go on for any of these. Anyone got any ideas that might help? Are there any online resources available?
Thank you if you can help!!