PDA

View Full Version : George Froggatt Spinkhill 1818 ??

dsankey_uk
07-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Seeking details of Birth of George Froggatt Spinkhill 1818. Derbyshire. Names of Georges Parents required. Help appreciated.

Lynda Cunningham
07-11-2005, 1:26 AM
Hi
There is an entry on the IGI at Family Search Org

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

GEORGE FROGGAT
Christening: 15 SEP 1819 Barlborough, Derby, England
Parents:
Father: GEORGE FROGGAT
Mother: ELIZABETH

HTH ?

Lynda

bazzer72
05-02-2006, 5:55 PM
Seeking details of Birth of George Froggatt Spinkhill 1818. Derbyshire. Names of Georges Parents required. Help appreciated.
Hi my 2xGr gand-parents were ALICE FROGGATT & THOMAS LINDLEY, mar. at ECKINGTON Jan 1825.......Alice of SPINKHILL , Thomas of BARLBOROUGH, a small brick but could fall into place somewhere..........bazzer72

englishroyals
06-08-2008, 6:29 PM
You may be interested to know that Barlborough now has a Heritage Room in the Old School House. They have accumulated lots of information on local families as they are collecting local family trees and Spinkhill is within the Parish Boundaries you may wish to contact the Project Manager Tony Bak at tony (at) barlboroughrc (dot) co (dot) uk They have a large collection of photos, maps, books, wills, memorial inscriptions etc

BeeE586
06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Where the boundaries are now I would not like to hazard a guess, but historically speaking Spinkhill was within Eckington parish, not Barlborough.

Eileen

englishroyals
07-08-2008, 7:04 AM
This incorporated Barlborough also Park Hall on Spinkhill

BeeE586
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I do not wish to enter into a dispute but I quote from the introduction to Eckington; The Court Rolls ...........

"............ Recorded in the Domesday Book as Eckintune, the ancient parish and Manor includes Mosborough, Bramley, Plumbley, Renishaw, SPINKHILL and Troway. Many of the records of the Manor Court have survived from the mid-14C onwards and are mostly in the possession of the descendants of the last Lords of the Manor."

My understanding has always been that Barlborough was an ancient parish in its own right, as was Eckington and its included Townships and Hamlets; both are certainly part of the Scarsdale Hundred and Park Hall is certainly well removed from the centre of Eckington village on the very edge of the hamlet of Spinkhill. I would be interested to know if any documents in the Heritage Exhibition put Spinkhill in Barlborough parish. I have been part of an extensive study of Eckington parish and manor through its Probate Documents, Court Rolls, Rentals, etc. and would be pleased to know if you have any relevant information appertaining to the 16th and 17th centuries.

Eileen

PS I have information on FROGGAT pre 1750 in Eckington.