PDA

View Full Version : Charles Kendall Bromsgrove 1851

SCRITTI
28-10-2005, 3:15 PM
Hi,
Could sks check the 1851 census for Charles Kendall/Kendale/Kendal b around 1842-1847 either in Day House Bank, Catshill or Bromsgrove. I can't find him on the 1861 census! He should be in Bromsgrove but who knows....
Thanks
Lesley

Lynda Cunningham
28-10-2005, 3:53 PM
:)Hi Lesley

HO107/2283/417/6
Cattall Yorkshire, 1851
Charles Kendale/Head/Mar/63/Farmer of 60 Acres employing one lab/Hunsingore Yorkshire
Mary Kendale/Wife/44/Bilton Yorkshire
Mary Kendale/Daur/13/Farmer's daughter/Copmanthorpe Yorkshire
Joseph Kendale/Son/9/Scholar/Copmanthorpe Yorkshire
Charles Kendale/Son/4/Scholar/Cattall Yorkshire
John Kendale/Son/2/at home/Cattall Yorkshire
Thomas Kendale/Son/6mths/Cattall Yorkshire
William Hamsmith or Harrismith /Serv/Unm/20/Farm labourer/Hopperton Yorkshire

Catshill - Cattall ????

best wishes
Lynda

Lynda Cunningham
28-10-2005, 4:26 PM
Hi Lesley

If him, I've found his widowed mother and some siblings in 1861

RG9/3210/12/4
Cattall Yorkshire
Mary Kendal/Head/55/Farmer's Widow/Bilton Yorkshire
Mary Tenniswood/Daur/Unm/22/Domestic Nurse Maid/Copmanthorpe Yorshire
John Kendal/Son/12/Scholar/Cattall Yorkshire
Tom Kendal/Son/10/Scholar/Cattall Yorshire

best wishes
Lynda

Lynda Cunningham
28-10-2005, 4:50 PM
Hi again

I'm still trying with Worcestershire, but can only come up with the Yorkshire one :(

Lynda

jeeb
28-10-2005, 5:23 PM
Hi Lesley,
Can you tell us anymore about Charles Kendal, for eg where he is in later censuses, his occupation etc? No Charles Kendal shows up in Bromsgrove in 1851 but they may have stated a more accurate place of birth than just Bromsgrove.

Jeremy.

SCRITTI
29-10-2005, 6:23 AM
Hi Folks - thanks for your help so far - here's what I've found on him so far
1871 Charles Kendall b 1845 Bromsgrove Living Billy Street, Catshill, Bromsgrove Occupation Nailer
1881 Charles Kendale b 1844 Day House Bank (Romsley) Living Mud Hall, Bromsgrove Occupation Farm Labourer
1891 Charles Kendall b 1842 Living Bournheath, Bromsgrove Occupation Nailer
1901 Charles Wendell (mistranscribed) b 1845 Catshill, Bromsgrove Living The Common, Bournheath, Bromsgrove Occupation Nailer
Married Emma Waldron Jun Q 1864 Bromsgrove.
Haven't yet found an appropriate christening for him either
Any help greatfully appreciated!
Thanks

LesleC/P>1901 Charles Wendell (mistranscribed) b 1845 Catshill, Bromsgrove Living The Common, Bournheath, Bromsgrove Occupation Nailer
Married Emma Waldron Jun Q 1864 Bromsgrove.
Haven't yet found an appropriate christening for him either
Any help greatfully appreciated!
Thanks
Lesley

Lynda Cunningham
29-10-2005, 3:47 PM
Hello again Lesley:)

Well I think that I'd definitely get hold of Charles & Emmas' 1864 marriage certificate next.
With the father's name, and perhaps another location more relevant to 1861, there's a stronger chance of finding other clues?

I will have another look though, armed with the later census details, we might get lucky?

Happy hunting & best wishes
Lynda

Lynda Cunningham
29-10-2005, 9:45 PM
Lesley, 1861

I've found a family that could be Randall or Kandall or Candall?
(the first letter has been tweaked)
I offer it as a possible mainly because of theirs' & locals' occupations (spikey things :D)

Needles and fish-hooks=Redditch
Nails=Bromsgrove

RG9/2117/68/30
Redditch
Wapping, Private House
Elizabeth Randall/Head/Wid/47/Laundress ?/Worcestershire Inkberrow
Charles Randall/Son/Unm/19/Labourer/Worcestershire Redditch
William Randall/Son/Unm/12/Needle spiller/Worcestershire Redditch
Aaron? Nichols/Lodger/36/Needle pointer/Worcestershire Redditch
Caroline Nichols/34/Needle Miller/Worcestershire Crabbs Cross

ATB
Lynda

Philip Crawford
22-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi,
Could sks check the 1851 census for Charles Kendall/Kendale/Kendal b around 1842-1847 either in Day House Bank, Catshill or Bromsgrove. I can't find him on the 1861 census! He should be in Bromsgrove but who knows....
Thanks
Lesley
Hi Lesley,
Many thanks for the on the Enoch Troth link: I'll get a reply to you in the next few days on this. Charles Kendall is interesting in that my grandfather Albert Troth born Bromsgrove 1873 signed up for the Cheshire Regiment in 1890 using the alias Charles Kendell (dell not dall). I put a note to Sam earlier on the Enoch Troth link about it. Any connection, do you think?
best wishes
Philip

SCRITTI
23-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi Lesley,
Many thanks for the on the Enoch Troth link: I'll get a reply to you in the next few days on this. Charles Kendall is interesting in that my grandfather Albert Troth born Bromsgrove 1873 signed up for the Cheshire Regiment in 1890 using the alias Charles Kendell (dell not dall). I put a note to Sam earlier on the Enoch Troth link about it. Any connection, do you think?
best wishes
Philip

Hi Philip,
I'm not sure but I think your Albert is ripping of my Charles Kendalls' sons name - he was also b abt 1873 and died in 1898. I'd love to know why though!
There aren't very many Kendalls around Bromsgrove of any spelling and Charles senior has certainly given me some real headaches - I finally worked out that he was illegitimate and appeared as Charles Ince on some of the census's after his mother married!
Maybe Albert and Charles were mates? or enemies..... we'll probably never know.|banghead|
Cheers
Lesley

Philip Crawford
24-02-2009, 8:16 AM
Thanks Lesley: Interesting. I think you are probably on target: they were either friends or enemies! If I manage to find out anything else I will certainly let you know. Kind regards Philip