PDA

View Full Version : LLOYD married LOWNDS 14 CHILDREN

monel
26-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Iv had no luck trying to trace my grandparents on my fathers side. My father JOHN THOMAS LLOYD b28/5/1918 was the 5th child. I believe they came from Staffordshire. My father died in Stoke on Trent in 1978. I dont know the first name of his mother ....... LOWNDS ( may have aslo called herself TYLER ) or his father ...... LLOYD. Any info: would be great.

Trish
27-10-2005, 5:12 AM
Iv had no luck trying to trace my grandparents on my fathers side. My father JOHN THOMAS LLOYD b28/5/1918 was the 5th child. I believe they came from Staffordshire. My father died in Stoke on Trent in 1978. I dont know the first name of his mother ....... LOWNDS ( may have aslo called herself TYLER ) or his father ...... LLOYD. Any info: would be great.Oh, this is a tough one! There are over 3,000 LLOYDs associated with Staffordshire in the 1901 census.

There are 3 John Thomas LLOYDs recorded as born in Staffordshire in the 1881 census but, unfortunately, that's not much to go on.

Do you happen to know the names of your father's brothers and sisters and approximate years of birth? Have you tried to obtain a birth certificate for your father?

Trish

Trish
27-10-2005, 5:30 AM
More questions...

Do you have any more information as to why your grandmother may have also called herself TYLER? Had she been married before?

I don't see a possible marriage record for a LLOYD and a LOWNDS, however, there one on Free BMD for the June quarter of 1905 in Stoke upon Trent which includes the following 2 names: John LLOYD and Louise TYLER. [Reference: Volume 6b Page 321].

Trish

monel
27-10-2005, 4:39 PM
Oh, this is a tough one! There are over 3,000 LLOYDs associated with Staffordshire in the 1901 census.

There are 3 John Thomas LLOYDs recorded as born in Staffordshire in the 1881 census but, unfortunately, that's not much to go on.

Do you happen to know the names of your father's brothers and sisters and approximate years of birth? Have you tried to obtain a birth certificate for your father?

Trish
Hi Trish, I have a rough idea of my fathers siblings.Harold 1908c, Bob (Robert) 1910c, Florence 1912, Harry 4/4/1914 - 1996, John Thomas 28/5/1918 my father, Wilf, Reg, Ronald, Gordon, Betty, Maurice, and Doris. I'm not sure of the order of birth but thinks its right. Im at present trying to get his birth cert. He joined the army while very young and ended up in India where at 22yrs he married my mother, in 1940. He returned to UK 1944 and I never met him till 1959. He had remarried - bigamously- and there was a court case. A half sister turned up in 2001 and she knows even less than me. We are both trying to get information. He never ever spoke of his family. I have an idea that I heard his mother was married before and her name then, was Tyler. Really a tough one!

monel
27-10-2005, 4:53 PM
More questions...

Do you have any more information as to why your grandmother may have also called herself TYLER? Had she been married before?

I don't see a possible marriage record for a LLOYD and a LOWNDS, however, there one on Free BMD for the June quarter of 1905 in Stoke upon Trent which includes the following 2 names: John LLOYD and Louise TYLER. [Reference: Volume 6b Page 321].

Trish
Trish, this one sounds good to me as I was named Jackie ( Jacqueline) for my father who always called himself JACK, and my second name is Louise, I gather he chose my names. I was told my grandmother had been married before and was a TYLER. I beleive she had 4 children from her first marriage. Im not sure if the total is 4 children plus 14 or the total is 14. My father and his brother Harry were LLOYD. Harry was born 4/4/1914 No 6 child, Wilf was a twin but his twin died. With thanks for help, Jackie