PDA

View Full Version : charles christmas

darren christmas
25-10-2005, 3:12 AM
i am looking for charles christmas born 1881 ashford kent
married constance mary frances waghorn in 1903
chales died in 1956 constance died in 1931.
i need to find out about all the children thay had and the grand children.

jeeb
25-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi Darren,
Having read your request I looked for the marriage of Charles & Constance.
The marriage is recorded in Asford, Kent registration district June quarter 1903. There are 4 boys registered there in subsequent years, they may or may not be their children:-

William Henry- Sept 1903
Lewis George- Sept 1903
Charles Noel- Mar 1905
John Ernest- Dec 1907

I also noticed this is your first post on this forum, I don't know how new you are to genealogy but as an old hand at it may I give you a little friendly advice. To trace a family successfully you need to work backwards ie from father to grandfather to great grandfather etc. Trying to do it the other way is never very successful. Nevertheless, if you check the birth certificates of the 4 above boys, you will discover if they are Charles's sons, I am sure you already realise you will need to purchase the certificates though.
Good luck, Jeremy.

darren christmas
25-10-2005, 4:48 PM
thank you for your messege i been doing genealogy since 1998 and gone back to 1786 and very wide , ive just become a member of genes reunited and this is a real eye opener. so far for what you have come up is lewis and john are brothers , lewis being my grandfather and john my great uncle , its the other two which is a puzzle for me to work on william henry may be a child of william henry born1884 but chales noel i think may be a child of charles
born 1880 i will have to get the certificates. the other puzzle is of louisa born 1887 child william and keturah its her marrige year i,m stuck with. thanks again for your messege i'll get those certificate.