PDA

View Full Version : BESZANT - Chippenham

Patrisia
19-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Posting my interests!

I am researching my BESZANT family line in and around Chippenham, earliest verified 1753, later in Axbridge, Som.
I have a fairly sizeable tree after 5 years and many contacts but I am always glad to hear from any others who may be interested in this line.

Alternative spellings are BEASANT; BEAZANT; BESANT; BESSANT; BEZANT etc

Main names married in are DICKMAN; BRABBINS; HITCHINS; JONES; GUY; ANDREWS; VEALE.

Patrisia

amumto4boys
29-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Posting my interests!

I am researching my BESZANT family line in and around Chippenham, earliest verified 1753, later in Axbridge, Som.
I have a fairly sizeable tree after 5 years and many contacts but I am always glad to hear from any others who may be interested in this line.

Alternative spellings are BEASANT; BEAZANT; BESANT; BESSANT; BEZANT etc

Main names married in are DICKMAN; BRABBINS; HITCHINS; JONES; GUY; ANDREWS; VEALE.

Patrisia

Hi there,

I know this message is a few years old, but thought I'd send it back to the top of the Wiltshire Forum to see if anyone else has been/is researching the Besant Line.

I have quite a few Besant's in my tree, dating back to 1664. They all originate from Wooton Bassett, Lydiard, Lydiard Tregoze & Malmesbury but to name a few!

If anyone has any any info regarding the Besant's from Wiltshire it would be great to hear from you.

Kathie.

Patrisia
29-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello Kathie, nice to hear of another researcher in the area.
Most of my Beszant etc line is in and around Chippenham but if you like to look at my web site http://www.smalley-ops.dsl.pipex.com/webtree/index.html
you may find a connection; there are various spellings of the name.

If you would like to get in touch, I can send you my email address via a PM

amumto4boys
29-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Patrisia,

Many Thanks for the reply, I had a veru quick look at your website, and it's fantastic.

There are a lot of names on there, so when I get a chance I will sit down and look through them properly.

I don't have many Chippenham Besant's, but I am sure they must all be related somehow.

Many Thanks again,

Kathie.

suzannewozere2
08-03-2011, 5:24 PM
I have been collecting Bessent and 15 variants all over UK, trying to sort out where they all knit together, mine were London based with a Suffolk twist Early 1800's

maz1
07-04-2011, 7:26 PM
Hi
My interest in the Bezant surname has just begun. I have recently found out that one of my Brown's married into the Bezant family and maybe still alive. The area Im interested in is Chelmsford. Does anyone have any connections there please and maybe be able to help me trace these relatives. I will pm more info to anyone who may be able to help me.
thanks ever so much
Marian

suzannewozere2
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't live too far from Chelmsford and haven't yet discovered any there. Essex Record
Office is based there and some records are available online through SEAX.