PDA

View Full Version : Information on Walter & Sarah Harker (nee Overton) Married at Eastville 12th Aug 1907

Dennis Harker
23-10-2005, 9:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum but have been researching my family names for a few months now. I should be grateful if anyone can supply information re my paternal grandfather, Walter Harker, who was born in Stickney c1887. He married a Sarah Overton at Midville Church on Aug 12th 1907. The parish was known as Eastville with Midville. Both lived in that parish at the time of the marriage.

However, Sarah is not the mother of my dad nor his two brothers (Wallace, George and Jack respectively) as Walter later married (or took up with) Annie Rebecca Donner who was my paternal grandmother (cannot find a record of that marriage).

Both my dad and myself (he is now almost 85) are very keen to try and solve the mystery of what happened to the marriage of Walter and Sarah and whether he may still have half-siblings etc. I have both of them in the 1901 census, have their marriage certificate but then they seem to disappear from written record - or at least that which I have researched on the internet.

Any help in solving this mystery will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Harker
12-01-2006, 9:34 AM
Well, despite all my reservations about the site, Genes Reunited came up with the goodies on this one. Two contacts have filled in all the very interesting detail.