PDA

View Full Version : Sarah FOSTER b1793 Bottesford, Leic m1809 Baxterley, War Thomas BAYNTON c1787 Derby

wbaynton
20-10-2005, 7:03 PM
(Posting to Leic, Warwick, Derbys)
I've had some recent phenomenal result from the forum on a longshot, so am encouraged to try the following.

We're looking for confirmation of the marriage of Sarah to my gggf, Thomas BANTON (then, later, BAYNTON) c7 Jan 1787 Pentrich, Derbys. If so, then her family. My ggf's given names were Conrad(e) Foster.

We think it may be Sarah FOSTER - possibly the one c 20 Sep 1793, Bottesford, Leic. If so, she may well be a twin to Ann, among at least 8 siblings to Richard FOSTER m Elizabeth.

Thomas BANTON and Sarah were narried 7 Nov 1809 in Baxterley, Warwick. There is a christening 9 Sep 1811 in Baxterley of William (nothing else known subsequently), s/o Thomas and Sarah. Subsequent family births are (all Derbys) Aston-on-Trent, Melbourne, and Heanor (where 8 of the 12 children were born between 1822 and 1838.

Any assistance in more clearly understanding is naturally welcome.

Thank you.

Bill

valerie p
26-10-2005, 9:21 AM
Hello Bill,
Checked the marriage in Baxterley register.
Your date details correct.
Sarah, spinster of the parish of Baxterley.
Thomas, of the parish of Beswick or Baswick ( This appears both in the Banns and the marriage record) ( Beswick in Yorks? or is there another one?)
Witnesses Wm. Foster and Elizabeth Bilson.
Hope this helps.
Valerie

wbaynton
26-10-2005, 9:48 PM
Thks, Valerie. Our family researcher has the marriage certs, I believe, but I don't recall some of your content (so, it's useful).

Thomas, of the parish of Beswick or Baswick (Beswick in Yorks?) suggests to me that it isn't our Thomas. There were many Bantons, Thomas often, eminating from Ticknall, Derbys area, and there were several Bantons in Warwickshire.

I don't have a William Foster among siblings or parents of the Sarah b Bottesford, Leicestershire, so that's a puzzle. This same one had a sister and mother, Elizabeth, and father, Richard.

All together, suggests to me it The Sarah bLeicestershire may not be ours and possibly not this marriage (although both indicated as teachers and Thomas certainly was that at one point).

Bill