PDA

View Full Version : Beard family from Wolverhampton

helen
19-10-2004, 7:41 AM
Very excited to find out name of previously unknown wife of a male ancestor. Seeking details about the whereabouts of a place named Wolverhampton in Staffordshire. Was it far from Birmingham? Would people have travelled from on to the other to work

Ann Beard and Richard Cooper (1792 c St Martins Birmingham) had their marriage banns posted in St. Martins B'Ham 19/10/1813. There are no other details that I can see allow for a follow up.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Helen

ziksby
19-10-2004, 9:16 AM
Wolverhampton is about 15 miles from Birmingham (as the crow flies ;) )

Could these be their children? Same reg. district (Parents: Richard / Ann Cooper)
ANN COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 02 FEB 1818 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,
SAMUEL COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 15 APR 1816 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

MARY COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 11 NOV 1822 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

Gender: Female Christening: 27 NOV 1826 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

EMMA COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 24 APR 1820 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

JOHN COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 10 JUNnational Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 11 NOV 1822 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

Gender: Female Christening: 27 NOV 1826 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

EMMA COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 24 APR 1820 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

JOHN COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 10 JUN 1813 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick,

helen
23-10-2004, 10:02 AM
:D You should see one very happy lady ona really hot night here in Queensland Australia after reading your message.

I have at different times been given some of those names, I suppose now I will have to go and verify that they are in fact the children of Richard and Ann. I have not been able to find a list that contains all the family on one source.

However what has excited me is that I have never seen any info on "Mary Cooper" before. On samuel's marriage certificate the witness is Mary Cooper and I wondered who she maight have been. I assumed she had to be a sister or aunt, ow I will have to go and verify that they are in fact the children of Richard and Ann. I have not been able to find a list that contains all the family on one source.

However what has excited me is that I have never seen any info on "Mary Cooper" before. On samuel's marriage certificate the witness is Mary Cooper and I wondered who she maight have been. I assumed she had to be a sister or aunt, but it looks like you ahve verified that assumption.

I see that you have gieven 2 lots of data for Mary, so does that mean there are multiple Mary Coopers born to parents who happen to have the same name.

Thank you for your help. Though I have been at this for some time, I am still a novice in termsbut it looks like you ahve verified that assumption.

I see that you have gieven 2 lots of data for Mary, so does that mean there are multiple Mary Coopers born to parents who happen to have the same name.

Thank you for your help. Though I have been at this for some time, I am still a novice in terms of knowledge and skills. It is only by finding sites such as this that I am able to pick up new ideas and strategies.

Thanks for the info about the positioln of Wolverhampton. In my mind I forget that England is much smaller than Australia and I imagined that they would be far apart.

Thanks h of knowledge and skills. It is only by finding sites such as this that I am able to pick up new ideas and strategies.

Thanks for the info about the positioln of Wolverhampton. In my mind I forget that England is much smaller than Australia and I imagined that they would be far apart.

Thanks heaps,

Helen

How would you suggest that I can follow up and find out which is correct.