PDA

View Full Version : Gedge and Watts Gravestones in Honing

Mandie
18-10-2005, 7:21 PM
We've just returned from a week in Norfolk, and we noted these names (which we're researching) from Honing church and graveyard. Hope they're useful for someone.

Roll of Honour 1914-1919

Arthur Gedge
Leonard Gedge
Roland Gedge
Walter Gedge

All the above fought in WW1 and survived.

(continued...)

Mandie
18-10-2005, 7:22 PM
Monumental Inscriptions

I have pictures of the gravestones if they are wanted/needed.

Sacred to the memory of James Gedge (late of North Walsham) who died at East Ruston July 19th 1901 in the 75th year of his age 'My times are in thy hands'.

Sacred to the memory of Frederick Ernest Gedge who died February 2nd 1930 aged 70 years 'Peace, perfect peace'

Sacred to the memory of Ellen Jane, the beloved wife of Walter Gedge, died March 1st 1934 aged 70 years 'Until the day break'

Walter James Gedge, of Caister died March 21st 1934 aged 78 years 'At rest'

Christopher Gedge aged 64 years

In memory of Thomas Gedge died 14 December 1882 in his 85th year. Marianne, his wife, 4 December 1882 in her 87th year 'Blessed are the dead which die in the ?'

In memory of James Gedge of North Walsham who died on ? 19 1900 aged ? years

In loving rememberance of Herbert Edward Henry thr beloved son of James and Susan Gedge of North Walsham who died January 22 1884 aged 24 years 'Not gone from memory, nor from love, but gone to our fathers' home above'

Momento mori Edmund Watts who died 7 November 1859 aged 80 years 'Proclaim the truth say what is man his being from the dust began. And when a few short years are o'er. The crumbling fabric is no more.

Geoffers
18-10-2005, 9:32 PM
If it helps at all, I've indexed several registers in the area. These now appear on the Norfolk Transcription Archive. However, I keep the excel spreadsheets on which I originally worked. These sometmes come in useful for analysing and sorting records offline. One of the sets of spreadsheets is for Honing. If it would help you at any time, I'd be happy to forward these on by e-mail.

I also have similar spreadsheets (and the original registers on fiches) for Worstead, Dilham, East Ruston and have recently begun working on the ATs for North Walsham. If any of this or other stuff I keep would help, drop me a line.

If of no interest, just ignore this message

Geoffers

Mandie
19-10-2005, 1:02 PM
If it helps at all, I've indexed several registers in the area. These now appear on the Norfolk Transcription Archive. However, I keep the excel spreadsheets on which I originally worked. These sometmes come in useful for analysing and sorting records offline. One of the sets of spreadsheets is for Honing. If it would help you at any time, I'd be happy to forward these on by e-mail.

I also have similar spreadsheets (and the original registers on fiches) for Worstead, Dilham, East Ruston and have recently begun working on the ATs for North Walsham. If any of this or other stuff I keep would help, drop me a line.

If of no interest, just ignore this message

Geoffers

The excel spreadsheets would be wonderful for me to work from for Honing, East Ruston and Worstead.

Thank you for the kind offer of help, it's much appreciated. :)

My email is: [email protected]

Geoffers
19-10-2005, 4:46 PM
The excel spreadsheets would be wonderful for me to work from for Honing, East Ruston and Worstead.
I'm just about to lose my computer and internet connection for the kids to do their homework on. once they've finished putting their sticky finges all over it, I'll dig out the files and forward them on to you

Geoffers