PDA

View Full Version : Sabin(e)

kathy.grant
14-10-2005, 7:10 AM
Is anyone researching the SABIN(E) name in Surrey? I would love to hear from anyone else with an interest in this name.

I am researching James SABIN born around 1812 somewhere in Surrey. I know his father's name was James and that he had a sister Ann and possibly another sister Mary born about 1825. The occupation of both father and son was coachsmith.

James (the son) married 3 times - the first unknown, secondly to Matilda Middleton and thirdly to Sarah How. By 1851 the family was living at Stratford, Essex.

Ann Sabin married Robert Williams, a pork butcher, in 1841 at St Anne Soho. Mary Sabin was aged 15 at the time of the 1841 census. I haven't been able to find either Ann or Mary after 1841.

James and Mary were living together in 1841 at St Giles in the Fields.

Thanking you.....Kathy Grant (Brisbane, Australia)

jan19230
16-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi Kathy

I'm also trying to find out about the SABIN side of my family but unfortunately have very little information.

I have

Ann SABIN married Nicholas Johnston in 1822 in St Marylebone, MDX. Nicholas and Ann are my 3x great grandparents.

She had three other sisters

Mary Sabin b. abt 1872 in St Marylebone, MDX. She married Robert Hall in 1817 in St Marylebone. 1861 Census indicates she was born in Bucks.

Frances Sabin b. abt 1789 in St Marylebone. She married William Hardcastle in 1821, Chelsea. 1861 Census indicates she was born in Maldon, Surrey

Sophia Sabin b. abt 1791 in St Marylebone. Sophia never married.

I think their parents were Edward and Ann, but I'm really struggling with this family.

Jan

kathy.grant
21-02-2006, 5:53 AM
Hi Jan,

I'm sorry I can't help with any information for you. These Sabin families are a real trial to find especially in London.

I did find an 1851 census entry for Frances, Mary Hall, Sophia Sabin and a niece Fanny Johnson living together at 12 Aberdeen St. If you don't have it I am happy to send it.

If I find anything in the future I'll let you know.

All the best.........Kathy