PDA

View Full Version : Bartley Elizabeth Hampshire

jaydee
12-10-2005, 4:49 PM
Hi I am looking for the birth of Elizabeth Bartley in Hampshire about 1779-80 but so far no luck. Elizabeth is my 4 x Gt Grandmother. She was married to Adam Flood in Southampton on 2nd Feb 1801.
On the 1841 she is 61 and it states born in county and the 1851 age 72 gives birthplace as Portswood Southampton. However I have looked at the transcriptions of the parish records at the library and she is nowhere to be found. there is a possible brother William Bartley who married Ruth Blake in May 1793 in Southampton (South Stoneham)and had at least 5 children from 1795 to 1807

Any help would be much appreciated

Jean

Steve Steere
15-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi Jaydee,

Have you looked up the marriage in the parish register for clues? She could always be a widow remarrying.

Portswood is one of those places that seems split between South Stoneham & Southampton, I've seen it described as both, so maybe you need to cast your net a bit wider.

Good hunting.

Steve

flood1
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Elizabeth is my gggg grandma. As you say she married Adam Flood. I have a copy of his will and they had a shop and property. But i cannot find anything about their parents at all. Have you had any luck?

Regards James Flood.

jaydee
03-10-2008, 1:44 PM
Elizabeth is my gggg grandma. As you say she married Adam Flood. I have a copy of his will and they had a shop and property. But i cannot find anything about their parents at all. Have you had any luck?

Regards James Flood.

Hi James (or Jim if you are who I think you are. We have recently been in contact via Keith.)
If not my apologies and no I have had no luck with this one I'm afraid. There are a few of us stuck on this one. :(

flood1
03-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Sorry, Good luck

Redards
Jim