PDA

View Full Version : ALLDRITT and varients

wildlife
10-10-2005, 1:36 PM
Information on ALLDRITTs in U.K. prior to 1800 except the Pott/Duval line please; Lichfield area particularly.

Lottie
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
In British Vital Records Index ( published by LDS) there are Baptisms and Marriages listed for Newborough, Pipe Ridware and Kings Bromley for ALLDRITT and variants. If these are of interest, can send off forum, as would make a very long posting!
Records for Lichfield in 1631 and `1677 are both for ALLDRIDGE ,happy to send details if you think a vairiant of ALLDRITT.

Lottie
Downunder

wildlife
11-10-2005, 5:34 AM
Thankyou Lottie for offering time and effort to help me; I would be very grateful. Link to ALDRIDGE most unlikely; probable descent from ALDRED long way back; likely variants AULDRIT,ALDERIT,ULLDRIT,ALDWRIGHT,ALDRITT etc.
Rita in West OZ

Wendy King
02-06-2006, 7:18 PM
Dear Wildlife

do not discount the switch to or from Aldreds to Aldridges - one of my very well documented lines of ancestors makes precisely this switch at several times and in different counties

Wendy

wildlife
06-06-2006, 3:12 AM
Thankyou Wendy, I guess anything is possible in this game. I have come accross ALLDRITT spelt in most unlikely ways. I think ALDRED was actually the original, but appears to have split to ALLDRITT etc. a long while ago.
I would be interested to know where your connections might be. With help from a kind person I have traced my ALLDRITT line back 5 generations and have covered reams of paper with notes of possible, and unlikely, kin.
Regards, Rita

carli
12-09-2006, 2:18 AM
Hi Rita! From your previous posts, it sounds like you may be distantly related to my Alldritts. I have just recently discovered that they originally came from Staffordshire (Lichfield, Yoxall, Pipe Ridware).

wildlife
13-09-2006, 2:34 PM
It could well be Carli. My mob are mainly in the Tamworth area (Lichfield) since my earliest ALLDRITT find, John ALLDRITT (abt.1774-1814) married (Seckington, 1773) Elizabeth HALL (abt.1754-1815). I have Elizabeth's parents but have not been able to trace John's origins despite studying and making notes on every available ALLDRITT I could find in the right date bracket on the web. There is another ALLDRITT who appears to be connected to my lot- William ALLDRITT, b. abt. 1821, ( m. Harriet ASTLE,) whose parents I can't trace. I'll check your site and be in touch again. Cheerio.

wildlife
14-09-2006, 1:22 PM
Sorry Carli but I fear my memory is playing tricks. I do have William's parents -John ALLDRITT b. abt 1784 ?Tamworth, currier journeyman, m. 15.Feb.1818 St. Martins Birmingham, Frances CLEMSON bap.7.Feb.1790 Sutton Coldfield. Frances was sister to Mary CLEMSON who wed Joseph, the son of John ALLDRITT mentioned in my previous message. I will try for that John's birth certificate, I just like doing things the hard way sometimes! A quick look down the list of surnames on your site did not reveal any immediate links. Regards, Rita

claire bhela
08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
help!!!
i'm tracing my family tree. 'Alldritt'.
we where told that 'our' Alldritt name was once Alldritter, and originated from Prussia, complete with coat of arms. Eagle Talon being held by a gauntlet. Alldritt's some how ended up in southern ireland nr Cork (i have searched records-drawn a blank).
i have found my Alldritts in Liverpool in the 1911 census. the head of house, believed to be 'John' Alldritt, was not in at time of census. Annie Alldritt (nee Leonard) is not yet widowed.
was wondering if Liverpool electioral records would shed any light. they are living in Bootle, Boslock street. working in coal yard. i believe John was in merchant navy and at sea???. how they got to Yorkshire is anyone's guess.
can any one help???|help|
claire

claire bhela
15-05-2010, 12:50 PM
hello, i've achieved a lot with tracing my Alldritt line, and it is linked with Your's and Rita's. i still have a couple of small missing holes that you might be able to help fill??
i would really appreciate the help x

Claire

crystal lady
11-07-2010, 9:15 PM
Hi all

Hope you don't mind my jumping in - I have the Memorial Inscriptions for St James Church, Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire which show burials for a William Aldritt and a John Alldritt. If these are your family members, I can post or message their MI's.

Crystal

claire bhela
13-07-2010, 12:00 PM
hey Crystal that would be great. i have been in contact with another Alldritt who has been great with info. but all is welcome in helping to piece the tree together

Claire

crystal lady
14-07-2010, 9:15 PM
Hi Claire

I agree, every little bit of info helps, here goes -

Slate headstone laid flat: In Memory of William Aldritt / who departed this Life / February 13th 1824 / Aged 78 Years.
Mason: C Cooper / Edengale

Sandstone headstone laid flat: Beneath / this Surface, are / deposited the Remains / of Richard Brown / who departed this Life / February 1st 1806 / Aged 84 Years / In Memory of John Alldritt / He departed this Life / March 4 1806 / Aged 53 Years.

I hope the above info helps with your tree. I am off on holiday Friday, only for a few days, when I get back I'll have a look and see if I can get a decent photo of the graves for you if you like?

Besides being local to me, the name of Alldritt caught my attention for another reason - my daughters husbands grandfather was William Alldritt Scarratt! We have never looked into his tree but I would imagine with the middle name of Alldritt that there is a link somewhere. I know the family is from Barton and surrounding areas. Even though I'm busy with my own tree, I may well have a look into this when I come back as it is intriguing me - will need to have a chat with son in laws family.

I'll be back after my holiday.

Crystal

claire bhela
15-07-2010, 7:43 AM
hey lottie, i would be gratefull for any info on Pipe Ridware Alldritts, i've traced lots, and have been helped by fellow Alldritts. but would be gratefull for your info for it might fill in a few gaps that i have been pulling my hair out over!

claire bhela
15-07-2010, 7:46 AM
thanks Crystal, thats great. i have pics and info from Church St James that a 'Karen Alldritt' who lives in Manchester sent me. being nr the south coast and with 2 small boys makes it difficult to be able to just jump in the car and go!! but am deperate to do so.

thanks once again Claire