PDA

View Full Version : George Tedder aka Tudor,

Switzerjr
05-07-2017, 1:37 AM
Good day, UK!

I am new to British research, but want to try and nail down info on a person possibly related to my US Tedder family. I co-administer the US Tudor/Tedder yDNA site at www.ftdna.com/public/ Tudor/ .

I am researching on of the US Tedder/Tudor lines and need help.

First, to get my walking legs on the big island, what forum do I need to post on to find out about George Tedder aka Tudor, tried for theft of harness at Llanwern, Wales, Lent term 1729, and transported on Patapsco Merchant March, Darby Lux, (T53/34/418) Mar 1729 for Maryland or Forward, Wm. Loney, (T53/35/53)Nov 1729 for Virginia. I want personal info on his family and know the trial records ( oxford assizes) are kept at KEW. The national library of Wales has been helpful in referring me to the right place for trial records at KEW.

I am having trouble tying to get quick info on those records without paying piecemeal a (retired, not in great health, and fixed income) I've already spent some on KEW costs, but am nowhere closer to info.

Are there Tedder or Tudor family forums for the Llanwern area? Newport?

Thanks... glad to have this forum to play around in!

I am told the Patapsco arrived in the MD port in Dec, 1729, after delay in the Carib islands. Don't know if Tedder arrived or was indentured in MD? Runaway? Went to VA? Etc.

Thanks,
Switzerjr

christanel
05-07-2017, 2:10 AM
Wlcome to the British-Genealogy forums Switzerjr
We don't have specific forums for individual names but do have individual forums for specific counties in the UK and so your query will be best placed in the Welsh forum I think.
As you have given us so much information already I will move this post from the Introduce Yourself forum to the General Welsh Family History forum.
I have given it the title George Tedder aka Tudor, trial 1729. That should get some attention.
If you have any more information other than that you have already given just do another post. You cannot edit posts 10 minutes after the original posting.
Christina

janbooth
05-07-2017, 4:23 PM
I don't know if this will be relevant to you or not, but there is a marriage on 23 May 1703 at of a George TUDOR & an Anne THOMAS at Monmouth St Mary. Two children baptised to these parents at Monmouth St Mary, Mary in 1704 and Ann in 1707. The only other mention of a George TUDOR I can find is a marriage at Dixton, Monmouthshire on 17 April 1708 to an Alice WEARE.

Janet